I got a new Fishie!

1. Hello!

Being a renter I am not allowed the pleasure of a dog. Whats the next best thing? A fish tank! And, over the weekend I got a new fish and wanted to introduce him :P .

This is Riven the Blue Zebra striped cichlid.
    (semi aggresive tropical fish)

Thanks for looking!!

sm_DSC00015.jpg sm_DSC00017.jpg sm_DSC00025.jpg sm_DSC00027.jpg sm_DSC00028.jpg
  2. your lucky. my fishy died over the weekend when i was away and my sister was feeding him :sad::sad::sad: i totally cried because im a baby like that

r.i.p. tiggerr.

3. he is cute,congrats!

4. aww, he's a cutie! What's his name by the way ?

5. I am so sorry to hear. I am the same way too! I get so attached to my darn fish that if I loose one I am so sad :crybaby: (Lucky that hasn't happen in months!!) And my tank survived my Mom's over feeding while I was away for a week.

6. His name is "Riven" after my favorite winery Rivendell Winery.

After 3 days now he is starting to recognize me. :heart: Cichlid fish are very intelligent and can tell the difference between the people that normally feed it versus a stranger in the house. Serious!!

7. aww! He's very pretty! I used to have a saltwater tank, they are so hard to take care of! DH's dad took it over...we had a porcupine puffer named 'Puffy' cutest little thing, he was! But we bought anemonie's and everything took a turn for the worse. :sad:
    I love having a tank though, so nice to look at!

8. Ahhh! He's lovely! :yes:

I'd love a fish tank, but every time I ask someone to look after my plants, when I'm away, at least one dies (including a beautiful Bonsai tree I'd fed, watered and pruned for three years! :cursing: ).

I couldn't take the guilt if the same thing happened to my fish!

9. Thank goodness it's not a saltwater tank, I think that would be too much pressure to take care of. It's freshwater that has its own special heater. I will post more pictures of my tank later tonight so you can "meet" the rest of the gang. They are such a hoot to watch!

10. Sweet! I'm a huge cichlid fan.

11. ^ Cichlids rule! I have 2 at the moment you can see my white one in my avatar. We call her Ms Snowwhite and I have nearly had her for 2 years. And Riven (the blue striped one) has taken so well to the tank! The 2 cichlids are very respectful of each other and have both found nice places to dig in the rocks and call home. I really should get more tank pics on here!

12. What a cute little fishy!! Meany landlord, no other pets? I allow pets in my rental properties. People with pets make better renters IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice