i got a new coach umbrella and i dont know if it is broken

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
New York
hello,

i got my first coach umbrella and i dont know if it is broken of it that is how it works.

it does not open when i press the black button but it does close when i press the button, also there are are a few very minor scrapes and wear on it that i didnt see in the store. i am more worried about the open button not working? is that normal?

p.s. i got it at macy's 34th street (no discount :tdown: )

Jul 5, 2007
hmm I would say yes... It should open with the push of the button. Have you pushed the button and the push it up?

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
ITA...return time!!! Now that spring is on it's way I MUST remember to scoop one up at the outlet!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Hope you can get yours replaced hassle free. Also, I do see them on the bay quite often, you may want to check there for a better price if you paid FP for the one that dosen't work!!!

Jul 4, 2008
That's why when I bought my umbrella in the coach outlet I tried it on the store and open it. The SA said it's not good to open the umbrella inside but I'm not supertitious. I just want to make sure that it's working and no defects before I buy it. You should return it for replacement.

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
I would return it and show them it doesn't work if they don't believe you. FP is too much to pay for something that doesn't work like its supposed too. Good luck!!