I get some pretty unbelieveable emails

salearea

O.G.
Mar 2, 2008
email of the day (to follow). first, background information: this bag was sold as a "HANDCRAFTED LARGE BLACK LEATHER SHOULDER PURSE it was not advertised, described or photographed as anything else. it is simply a black hand crafted purse made in indonesia. it does not have a brand (nor does it even look like a branded purse).
here is one of the several aggressive emails that I have since received from the winning bidder:

"If this handbag is not Coach like it appeared I would like to exchange it for something else. if not , i want a refund NOW!"

I could not make this stuff up!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not sell this to the winning bidder. You risk sending this iten to them and then dealing with a return which can turn into a hassle.
The winning bidder is already pretty much telling you they won't be satisfied with the bag

Ugh! It is just buyers remorse! Unfortunately, the buyer is alway right!!! I would just send an email back, stating it never said it was a Coach bag, but if they no longer want the bag you would be more than happy to refund them.
I recently had a buyer bid, win and then email me 2 days later stating "I thought it was a wristlet, not a clutch." When it clearly states it is a clutch!!!!! I knew it was buyers remorse but wanted to appease them to keep them from leaving neg FB out of retaliation!!
email of the day (to follow). first, background information: this bag was sold as a x it was not advertised, described or photographed as anything else. it is simply a black hand crafted purse made in indonesia. it does not have a brand (nor does it even look like a branded purse).
here is one of the several aggressive emails that I have since received from the winning bidder:

"If this handbag is not Coach like it appeared I would like to exchange it for something else. if not , i want a refund NOW!"

I could not make this stuff up!!!!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1105...em=230560145268&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! It is just buyers remorse! Unfortunately, the buyer is alway right!!! I would just send an email back, stating it never said it was a Coach bag, but if they no longer want the bag you would be more than happy to refund them.
I recently had a buyer bid, win and then email me 2 days later stating "I thought it was a wristlet, not a clutch." When it clearly states it is a clutch!!!!! I knew it was buyers remorse but wanted to appease them to keep them from leaving neg FB out of retaliation!!

I never cease to be amazed by some of the communication that I receive. Sounds like you get the same lovely entertainment!

I never cease to be amazed by some of the communication that I receive. Sounds like you get the same lovely entertainment!

OH yea!!!! I guess I have been fortunate up until now. I always hear these horror stories on tpf!!! I have never had issues in my 5 years of selling until recently. The last few weeks have been very stressful for me!! A lot of non-paying bidders, buyer's remorse, scam artists, etc!! I guess it is that time of year, unfortunately!

:wondering:weird:. Wonder what she was smoking when she bid? Have you responded to her email? Tell her it doesn't really matter how it appears. What matters is how you have photographed and described it. Why should you be responsible for her wild imagination? There are some REAL nuts out there................

Have you emailed her back? Of course its not Coach, its not listed as Coach, it doesnt have Coach on it so why would it be Coach? Its like bidding on an LV which is clearly an LV and says so in the listing and saying "if this isnt a Balenciaga I want a full refund"

Some people are just nut jobs...

I love all of these responses. This is sooooo bizarre! I emailed back basically stating that it was not advertised as coach or implied in any way whatsoever that it was anything other than a black leather bag. She basically emailed again re-stating that she thought it was a coach bag and that she wants a full refund (including shipping we already paid for) or EXCHANGE for a coach bag if its not. good times!

If $6 for a Coach is business as usual in her world, then I'll smoke whatever she's smoking pronto...
joint2.gif