i get a fake bag for my b;day and get complimented for it

My mom actually bought me some fake LV's (3 bags total), partially for Christmas last year. She went to Manila just after my grandma (her mom) passed away, so I know it wasn't the best time for her to go shopping. Two are good quality (they're definetely AAA's) and one is definetely not. Just for her, I wear them every so often to make sure that she knows that I do like her purchases, as much as it feels odd to wear the fake as I have just gotten the real deal. I understand how torn you can be when you receive a gift and its not quite right. My mom knows that one day I do plan on replacing them with the real thing. I don't plan on throwing them out, tearing them up or cutting them up into little bits. I am just happy she knows my style and she took the time out of her trip during a difficult time to get me something. As I've matured (although I'm only 26), it is definetely the thought that counts in a gift, not just how much someone spent.

As well, to CEC.LV4eva, my mom definetely has the $ to buy from the LV boutique. In fact, this years birthday present is going to be something to compliment a pending purchase. She herself has a vintage Cartoucherie, so I know she appreciates the quality, she just wanted to make me feel a teeny bit better with a gift from her trip.

I know that I'm sorta late but for some reason I totally disagree w/ CEC. It wasn't about the bag. It was just about her aunt. I mean I totally disagree with purchasing a fake bag but to spend at least 1g on a bag to give to someone else.. it's a little hefty if you dont have crazy amounts extra lying around. Not to mention the trip to go see the OP. It was the thought that counts and imo, cash/gift cards are NEVER thoughtful.

My mom actually bought me some fake LV's (3 bags total), partially for Christmas last year. She went to Manila just after my grandma (her mom) passed away, so I know it wasn't the best time for her to go shopping. Two are good quality (they're definetely AAA's) and one is definetely not. Just for her, I wear them every so often to make sure that she knows that I do like her purchases, as much as it feels odd to wear the fake as I have just gotten the real deal. I understand how torn you can be when you receive a gift and its not quite right. My mom knows that one day I do plan on replacing them with the real thing. I don't plan on throwing them out, tearing them up or cutting them up into little bits. I am just happy she knows my style and she took the time out of her trip during a difficult time to get me something. As I've matured (although I'm only 26), it is definetely the thought that counts in a gift, not just how much someone spent.

As well, to CEC.LV4eva, my mom definetely has the $ to buy from the LV boutique. In fact, this years birthday present is going to be something to compliment a pending purchase. She herself has a vintage Cartoucherie, so I know she appreciates the quality, she just wanted to make me feel a teeny bit better with a gift from her trip.

Oops missed the deadline to edit, kind of meant to say that just because one buys a fake doesn't meant that they can not afford to buy real LV and doesn't appreciate a real LV. My mom is a prime example.

Do what's right for you. Forget about everyone's rude comments and suggestions. Some of us feel the need to be considerate. But I can understand that it's hard when some weren't probably taught that way. I'm sure your aunt doesn't have the same moral values about fake vs. real. There are worse things out there to worry about.

ITA w/ you kuuipo627!! do what you think is right, forget the RUDE comments... :cursing: Some people here are just too mean eeek!!:cursing:

If you love the style of the bag and you know you're going to use it often, then buy a real one.

If you're like eh... so so... Then keep the bag and
1) take it out when she visits your home.
2) dress in such a way that the purse doesn't fit your clothes if you're meeting her in a restaurant or something.

DO NOT attempt to give/sell/donate your fake bag to anyone. The world does not need another fake floating around.

I'm glad that most people here understand that her aunt was just trying to give her a gift that she thought she would like. My family does the same. Thankfully most of those gifts are handmade purses.
But before I came here I was woefully under-educated about fakes and what they really mean. But I would never insult a gift no matter what it was.

There was a good idea in a previous thread to clearly mark the interior with indelible ink as FAKE and donate the handbag to a local school's drama program. They are horribly underfunded and always in need of costumes and props.

I'm glad that most people here understand that her aunt was just trying to give her a gift that she thought she would like. My family does the same. Thankfully most of those gifts are handmade purses.
But before I came here I was woefully under-educated about fakes and what they really mean. But I would never insult a gift no matter what it was.

There was a good idea in a previous thread to clearly mark the interior with indelible ink as FAKE and donate the handbag to a local school's drama program. They are horribly underfunded and always in need of costumes and props.

That is a great idea!