I gave my mom her first LV...

I try to do the same thing for my Sister.. She has a controlling fiance that won't let her purchase luxury items for herself. I gave her a Speedy and Monogram Groom wallet last Christmas and he wanted her to eBay it and put the money away in their joint account. :crybaby:

it's a Gift to Her so i think she should decide for herself. also isn't it impolite to ebay a gift :s. especially the gift is from family. even if she did sell it eventually i would say deposit it into her personal account instead of joint account.

Aww..that's so nice of you to give your mom a bag! She will most likely adore it even more because it came from you. (I went home last week to visit my mom and she saw my new BH and loved it! The BF said "Take it!" and I of course went :wtf:, but he does that do joke around with me). Now, my mom's hinting that she would love a new tote too!

That's the best! It's so fun to see someone you care about get such enjoyment out of a bag. After I had gotten into LV I had a single Coach bag that I never used anymore. I wound up giving it to my mom and she lit up and all she would do was stare at it for a few days without even using it. Funny how giving, especially to your mother, can reassure you that you've made a wise decision.