I gave away my whiskey Paddy

sratsey said:
As long as she appreciates it, you did the right thing.
I'd do anything for my little sister...

Okay, I lied. :shame:
She asked if she could have one of my bags-one that I never use no less, one of my CHEAPER bags AND she doesn't even own ONE designer bag...I flat out refused her. :lol: :P

YOU are a better person than me!! :idea:

HEEHEE!:roflmfao: Do you know how long I have thought about actually donating my beloved purse to her? I am not so great, - atleast 3 months ago(when we were in Florida she visited, I bought like 8 bags that trip, felt guilty then, but still did not give her anything) I just Blurted it out tonight!:yucky: The diaper thing killed me!:yucky:
She ALSO does NOT own any designer bags and I really don't know if she CAN appreciate the SMUSHY LEATHER AAAAAAAAAAK! WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I love her.:upsidedown:

star3777 said:
HEEHEE!:roflmfao: Do you know how long I have thought about actually donating my beloved purse to her? I am not so great, - atleast 3 months ago(when we were in Florida she visited, I bought like 8 bags that trip, felt guilty then, but still did not give her anything) I just Blurted it out tonight!:yucky: The diaper thing killed me!:yucky:
She ALSO does NOT own any designer bags and I really don't know if she CAN appreciate the SMUSHY LEATHER AAAAAAAAAAK! WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I love her.:upsidedown:

you crack me up. because my hubby and I are a double income with no kids family and my only other sibling, my brother (fireman) is married with 3 grown kids - we have always lived in a little more luxury than they did. I always felt guilty. But then I realized, they have kids, we don't. When we grow old - whos going to change our diapers? At least both of you will have someone to do that!!!:lol: I forget where I was going with this....oh well,,,, more chardonnay!!!!

Star, when you feel sad in your heart about missing your paddy, just think about how happy you made your sister. And don't worry, I think that even bag newbies will immediately be able to tell the difference in weight and quality of a designer bag. What a sweet thing it was for you to do!

What a sweet and generous thing for you to do. The bag may not help out your sister with her situation/expenses - it will certainly be something to cheer her up and make her smile. You have a very kind heart.

jlhinbrisvegas said:
What a sweet and generous thing for you to do. The bag may not help out your sister with her situation/expenses - it will certainly be something to cheer her up and make her smile. You have a very kind heart.

I just want to gobble up your lil doggie!

I would do and have done the same thing for my sister a million times over. She is still a student and cannot afford to splurge on designer handbags. To see her face light up with excitement makes me happier than all the world's designer items ever could! You are doing the right thing!!!

You are an awesome sister. I have a sister who has nothing, single parent , minimum wage , and I have bought her several bags here. If you have something you really like a lot, the thing to do is give it to someone you like even more, just like you did. You shouldn't feel guilty that you have so much and your sister doesn't, because you are sisters and will always have each other. You can always find another one if you really feel the need, but knowing that you gave away something you really liked should make you very proud. You're a good sister.

ah honey, you are such a lovely girl. I like you have a sister who struggles badly. She has four children, all under 14 and copes on her own. Its hard sometimes to buy a bag and always thinking, wow, that would buy her a dressing table, chest of drawers, or whatever. But I get over it by giving her lots of my clothes, boots and shoes, and in other ways by decorating her whole house for her, and always offering to let her borrow whatever she needs on the odd nights she does go out. So, you will feel so bad when she takes the bag I promise ;) as you do not want to let a gorgeous bag go, but, after a couple of days you will feel all warm because you have done something amazing for somebody more needy, and that will make you both feel good, so winners all around.
Karma to you honey :smile:

Star--you are such a sweetheart!!!! I love your word---half *****:roflmfao: That describes me most of the time!!!!:angel: :devil: Oh and BTW....did I tell you we are long lost sisters..........:lol: :whistle:

Aw, I think what you did was astonishingly sweet, thoughtful and nice. It definitely shows your true character. The fact that you are in pain over losing your whiskey paddington shows how much more amazing you are because you gave up something you love. Since it is the thought that counts, it would not mean as much if you had a million bags and your paddington was just one of the bunch...the one you didn't "mind" giving away.

Your sister is lucky.

Your post has brought tears to my eyes. You're an inspiration to all of us sisters out there. The bag isnt' going to solve any financial issues for her but it is sure going to make her feel wonderful. She's lucky to have such a kind, generous and loving sister. Good things will come to you for that. ** If you really miss it you can always get another one.

jlhinbrisvegas said:

My sentiments exactly! A very generous and kind gesture on your part.
It will come back to you ten-fold. :idea:

Star, you are the sweetest sister! Hey, the good thing about giving it to your sister is that you can always trade her another bag in the future if you want this one back! Hehe...:smile: