I found my dream bag

Hope it's not 😢

It's the only bag I ever bought from online and I bought it cause the vachetta is still new looking.... And I stored it in my closet for almost a year before starting to use this summer. The transaction was made over a year ago! Gosh really don't know what to do if it turns out to not be real....super anxious!

I just heard back from paypal. They told me to send the bag back to her with signature confirmation. They will refund my money as soon as she receives it. I will be sending it back to her tommorrow. I just hope she doesn't sell to anyone else. I am just doing what I am told so I get my money back.

Reading this thread was like reading a suspense novel....so glad it worked itself out :yahoo: Such a pain but at least it's soon to be resolved.

I just heard back from paypal. They told me to send the bag back to her with signature confirmation. They will refund my money as soon as she receives it. I will be sending it back to her tommorrow. I just hope she doesn't sell to anyone else. I am just doing what I am told so I get my money back.

That is great news! Put that money towards the even better bag that LV haven't released yet!

Good for you OP. so glad it worked out in the end. Sad there are liars out there! 😢 Once this this is resolved and you get your money back you can you out and get your dream bag! Just make sure you get it authenticated first, if it is pre-loved!

NicoletteRN said:
Reading this thread was like reading a suspense novel....so glad it worked itself out :yahoo: Such a pain but at least it's soon to be resolved.

I agree!! Reading this thread made my heart beat twice as fast!! Thank God you can get your money back!! :smile:

wow, the fakes are getting so good, that bag looked authentic to me apart from the graffiti colour. The stitching, zip, even date code are all so real looking. :| scary

Louislover10, I'd be absolutely gutted if this happened to me. I'm so glad that you were able to get it resolved.

A long, long time ago I had a bad experience on ebay. Now I approach it with a great deal of caution. You can buy LE items safely if you do a lot of homework in advance. Here's a few things I've learned from other TPF members and/or have just tried myself:

1. always get it authenticated by the lovelies here (I've heard some hit & miss stories about authentication services, but if you're going to use one, check reviews of it first)

2. google the seller and search for reviews of them either on here or on sites by other buyers; don't just read for honesty, also look to see if they're known to be a major hassle to deal with if something goes wrong.

3. use toolhaus.org for ebay feedback

4. know your prices. I would start to be leery if someone was asking for less than $150 off the top price other sellers are asking for for something in similar condition. If this means waiting a few months in order to know the market better, oh well, better safe than sorry.

5. Go over the auction listing details with a fine-toothed comb. Set some guidelines for what you will find acceptable or not. I realize it's totally arbitrary, but I would never buy something without a dustbag. Sure, they can be lost. Sure, the dustbag can be knocked off too. However, in my travels, I've seen that many of the cheaper knockoff bags aren't sold with them. So, absence of one is usually perceived by me as a clue to walk away. Other people would be fine and/or set different guidelines ... even ask around and see what other buyers look for or walk from.

So, does this mean I could never be burned again? Um ... no. But I do what I can to try to minimize any risks.

I realize right now you prolly want to trash your ebay account (I did!), but if you decide to ever go back into the secondary market and pursue your HG bag, I hope you are wildly successful.

chasy.price said:
It's the only bag I ever bought from online and I bought it cause the vachetta is still new looking.... And I stored it in my closet for almost a year before starting to use this summer. The transaction was made over a year ago! Gosh really don't know what to do if it turns out to not be real....super anxious!

Wow ! Let us know !!!

DrDior said:
Louislover10, I'd be absolutely gutted if this happened to me. I'm so glad that you were able to get it resolved.

A long, long time ago I had a bad experience on ebay. Now I approach it with a great deal of caution. You can buy LE items safely if you do a lot of homework in advance. Here's a few things I've learned from other TPF members and/or have just tried myself:

1. always get it authenticated by the lovelies here (I've heard some hit & miss stories about authentication services, but if you're going to use one, check reviews of it first)

2. google the seller and search for reviews of them either on here or on sites by other buyers; don't just read for honesty, also look to see if they're known to be a major hassle to deal with if something goes wrong.

3. use toolhaus.org for ebay feedback

4. know your prices. I would start to be leery if someone was asking for less than $150 off the top price other sellers are asking for for something in similar condition. If this means waiting a few months in order to know the market better, oh well, better safe than sorry.

5. Go over the auction listing details with a fine-toothed comb. Set some guidelines for what you will find acceptable or not. I realize it's totally arbitrary, but I would never buy something without a dustbag. Sure, they can be lost. Sure, the dustbag can be knocked off too. However, in my travels, I've seen that many of the cheaper knockoff bags aren't sold with them. So, absence of one is usually perceived by me as a clue to walk away. Other people would be fine and/or set different guidelines ... even ask around and see what other buyers look for or walk from.

So, does this mean I could never be burned again? Um ... no. But I do what I can to try to minimize any risks.

I realize right now you prolly want to trash your ebay account (I did!), but if you decide to ever go back into the secondary market and pursue your HG bag, I hope you are wildly successful.

I will only buy new again, I took the chance once won't be doing that again. Thank you for all your knowledge. I appreciate all the advice.