I found an amazing vachetta leather protect

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm done with not taking my Monorgram's with me on days that it is raining. So I decided to buy a leather protect spray from the shoe store, downtown.
So I bought Collonil Nanopro spray and the results are amazing! I first tried it on my luggage tag and Toiletry Pouch tag. It sprays very nicely and it does not leave any stains on new vachetta (see pic of my TP 26, which still has white vachetta). When I dropped some water on it (see photo of the luggage tag) it did not soak into the leather and it did not leave any dark spots. The water just sits on the surface. I'm very happy with the results, and I wanted to share it with you guys! Now I can finally use my Monogram's when it's raining! :biggrin:

The product is called Collonil Nanopro Spray

Image-2.jpg
Luggage tag

Schermafbeelding 2013-02-17 om 17.44.57.png
Right after spraying my Toiletry Pouch tag

This is really good to know. I've used Collonil products before but never tried this one, which I see is a new product. I'll remember this for my next new purchase with vachetta. Thanks for sharing!

This is really good to know. I've used Collonil products before but never tried this one, which I see is a new product. I'll remember this for my next new purchase with vachetta. Thanks for sharing!
They've great products and the prices are great. This one was €10 for 300ml! Your welcome! =)

Hmmm. Respectfully I feel I need to chime in with my opinion. These sprays contain silicone and that's why the water just sits on the leather. Please be aware the silicone will damage your leather in the long run and ruin the stitching. I know it has been discussed a thousand times to leave your vachetta alone and let it do its thing... So I don't understand why people do not heed the advice of LV. Just posting so newbies are aware of the long term effects and can make informed decision.

Hmmm. Respectfully I feel I need to chime in with my opinion. These sprays contain silicone and that's why the water just sits on the leather. Please be aware the silicone will damage your leather in the long run and ruin the stitching. I know it has been discussed a thousand times to leave your vachetta alone and let it do its thing... So I don't understand why people do not heed the advice of LV. Just posting so newbies are aware of the long term effects and can make informed decision.
I'm not going to agree with this. Collonil is very well known for it's quality and durability here in Western Europe, it is a German brand. If anything is important in shoe care products, it is the protection of the stitching. The stitching is the most important part of shoes and bags, they keep the product together. Louis Vuitton uses stitches that are twisted, and after the twisting process, they're again twisted, which is called twined. This makes the stitches very durable. Mulberry also advices to use Collonil on their products, they won't advice it if Collonil ruins stitching and leather...
Rain contains sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and nitric acid (HNO3) and pesticides, which are very harmful and will dry out leather. So personally I feel it is a good thing to care and protect your bags against rain. Especially for people that live in countries, where it rains almost everyday. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not going to agree with this. Collonil is very well known for it's quality and durability here in Western Europe, it is a German brand. If anything is important in shoe care products, it is the protection of the stitching. The stitching is the most important part of shoes and bags, they keep the product together. Louis Vuitton uses stitches that are twisted, and after the twisting process, they're again twisted, which is called twined. This makes the stitches very durable. Mulberry also advices to use Collonil on their products, they won't advice it if Collonil ruins stitching and leather...
Rain contains sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and nitric acid (HNO3) and pesticides, which are very harmful and will dry out leather. So personally I feel it is a good thing to care and protect your bags against rain. Especially for people that live in countries, where it rains almost everyday. ;)

That was good information. Thanks!

Thanks! I know LV says to "protect the leather from water" (off the website). Yet they're too afraid to suggest any one brand. Probably for fear of lawsuits ;) only from those who share their experiences will we benefit. Thanks again, I'm going to try and get some locally. Keep us posted :smile:

To each their own. I won't compare my delicate untreated virgin vachetta leather to shoe leather that needs to be protected from road salt and grime, however.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this product, however, my intention was to just warn people to research the pros and cons (as there are many).

Thanks for sharing this! I just recently bought a Collonil starter cleaning set and I am happy it works better and faster than my Apple conditioner. I'm definitely going to buy Collonil's waterstop spray when my Garde Rain and Stain Repellent runs out :smile: