I found a yellow diamond!

VuittonsLover

Cartier Crazy
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
This doesn't happen everyday.

I was have lots and lots of jewelry and I have all these little like chinese bags with zippers that I have bought multiple jewelry items in.

Anyway.. this morning one of the bags was sitting on my desk.. and I am just relaxing and watching The View and I grab the bag. There is a mini plastic jewelry bag in it that I pull out and with that flys up in the air a yellow stone.

My first thought was.. its a Citrine or a Topaz that somehow got in the bag. So, I grab a flashlight and after searching for like 15 minutes I give up. I suddenly see a stone in the middle of the floor.

It's a .25 Yellow Diamond!!! :nuts:

What the Hell!

What do I do now...? I assume the jeweler had loose stones in this bag before selling me the item and it was stuck in one of the corners or something. But Wow!

What would something like this be worth. its a very dark vivid yellow too.

I tried taking photos but they came out blurry.

Wow! As tempting as it would be to keep it, my conscience would nag me to return it to the jeweler. Do you remember what jeweler the bag came from? I guess I am too honest for my own good!

If I knew when and where I got the stone, my instinct would be to return it. However, if you genuinely don't know the origins of this stone, I say keep it, set it and enjoy it! You say you lost a ring, so think of this as karma repaying you : )

Enjoy your treasure!!

If you can't remember where it came from, enjoy the diamond. Consider yourself very fortunate. This morning the only "treasure" I found was a "gift" from my dog on the living room floor! :rolleyes: I wish I'd found a diamond instead... :greengrin:

ok, let's not turn this into a guilt thread—her question was, what would something like that be worth, not whether or not she should turn it in. obviously she doesn't know who the original jeweler was, so i would just take it to a trusted jeweler and have it appraised. maybe turn it into a gorgeous RHR or a pendant.

either way, congrats! it sounds gorgeous.

Last edited:
If I knew when and where I got the stone, my instinct would be to return it. However, if you genuinely don't know the origins of this stone, I say keep it, set it and enjoy it! You say you lost a ring, so think of this as karma repaying you : )

Enjoy your treasure!!

I agree! If you really can't remember where it might have come from, keep it and make it into a pretty piece for yourself! We all know about the crazy markups on jewelry anyway, so I wouldn't worry about the jeweler losing his shirt or anything over this one little yellow diamond.

Congrats on your good fortune! Something like this definitely doesn't happen everyday.