I Found a S/S 2008 Bag I Just LOVE!!

Just an update - this is still a bag on my MUST HAVE list and I think I'm going to end up buying it pretty soon. I was at Nordstroms yesterday and all they had was a Black one - I saw the Clementine color in the N/S Tote and it is definitely too orange for me - I think I want the Raspberry Gray bag. She looked it up for me and it seems to be a hot seller -- most stores only have one left in their inventory and I think she said there are only 9 stores that show it still in stock.

I was hoping it might make it to 1st markdown (it would be such a GREAT price!) but I doubt they'll last that long. I guess if Nordstroms is out of it when I'm ready to buy, I can always order it directly from MJ (or maybe I can even find a d/c code for ShopTwigs!!)

has anyone bought one of these yet? What about any of other bags from this same line? The "Party" looks just like this one but has only one main section whereas the Gray is divided into 3.

Wow...I didn't realize these were going that fast. I really like this bag. I thought it would be too small, but I remember really liking it when I saw it at Nordstrom. I am going to have to take another look at it. Not sure which color I would choose, though. I think the Raspberry is the nicest. Black seems boring and the others...not so crazy about.

You know, when I first saw it I thought it looked small too. But then I tried on and noticed the three divided sections inside. Because the leather's so super soft, the bag expands so that it will actually hold a lot (probably not as much as a Stam and/or a Hudson). Besides, a mid-size bag is a nice break from the oversized bags I almost always carry.

As I was looking at the Black one yesterday, I noticed a remarkable similarity to the Medium sized Balenciaga bag. Both are about the same size. Both are made from that thin, lightweight, "cracked" leather (altho MJ's isn't nearly as cracked as a Balenciaga) -- the biggest difference is that the MJ only has the one single strap (which can be worn cross-body like a messenger bag or (the way I like it) doubled up & carried normally) and the MJ has three sections versus Balenciaga's one.

If you've ever considered a Balenciaga (or secretly yearned for one) but find the $1300+ pricetag intimidating, the MJ Gray would be an ideal alternative.

For those of you who have seen this bag in the raspberry color, is it more on the red side or is it a deep pink color? Looks like a really nice bag--the size looks perfect, I like all the sections and the double strap handle too. Let us know if you get one iluvmybags!

red is the prominent color of the raspberry color, although it does have pink (or fuscia-like) undertones -- it's a little hard to explain but a very pretty color. I wouldn't call it Pink at all -- this depiction is pretty accurate, actually

PAAAAAJGGNDEFNFF_d.jpg

Reminds me of the "Berry" color from S/S 2003 - before the Stam was created!! Congrats and welcome to TPF!:flowers:

that raspberry, however, is VERY different from the Raspberry color of the Gray, Party and Murphy bags -- why would he give two different shades the same name??

Those raspberries are TOTALLY different. I have no idea why they would have the same name, in the same season and have them be so different. Weird....who knows?? Anyway, they are both lovely. The Gray is a fab bag. I love it even more every time I see it.

^I think the raspberry in the gray bags are more red than the raspberry in the Bruna, Casey...

Both are nice but I agree, it's kind of confusing to give 2 different shades the same name.

Well, yap, actually I was looking at "plum" stam marc jacobs bag in NM website but they only have "ivory" available. So I went to SF Marc Jacobs boutique and they point out a "wired" plum color bag.........to me...(not exactly showed on NM website) so they get this "Raspberry" stam to show me. Also, they have "ORANGE" stam in store too. I tried both color and think this "Raspberry" stam suits me better.
By the way, did anyone ever see "Orange" stam for this S/S 2008?

IMG_3827.JPG

that's so pretty! very feminine and perfect for spring. i'm confused by the color name too. raspberries aren't pink. :confused1: it looks more like bubblegum to me or hamm. :lol:

I agree -- this looks A LOT more like the Bubblegum Pink from a few years ago than Raspberry -- I don't know where they got Raspberry for that color -- MJ must be on a pink kick this season - what is this one? Fluro Pink??

Attachments

• fluro stam.jpg
    fluro stam.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 12
well, now I have to say that this Raspberry stam in pic. looks much brighter than it actual appears. I use flash and somehow the color looks very pink to me too. But think about "raspberry smoothie", it actually looks very true and also very yummy color in reality.

Oh the Raspberry is super cute. I didn't see these the other night. I did see the clutch and wallets that go with this style. I didn't know how afforable they were until I looked them up at home. Super cute.