I Found A Job!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. so i just checked my e-mail a few minutes ago and i FINALLY got a job offer.......if you dont' remember i had a thread waaaay back in which i was panicking because i couldn't find a job (summer job....i'm a law student so was looking for a summer internship....and as a 1L looking for a city job very very hard :sad2:smile: and now that this is my last week of classes i was starting to majorly panic but i finally got an offer :shame:......it's not much and it pays nothing compared to the firm jobs, but a job is a job right?.........now next summer will be the big money :lol:......i'm soooooo relieved/ecstatic!!! :smile:

in case anybody's interested i'm working for AFS (American Field Services).......at least it'll be interesting and fast-paced (and at least it pays something ;) )

2. Yay!!! That's wonderful news!! Congrats JC I'm sure you'll be awesome!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

3. Well done! Hope you enjoy it, and remember no experience is EVER wasted.

Cx

4. Congrats JC! Every little work experience will count on your resume. :amuse:

5. Congratulations!!!

6. yay! congrats! and hopefully more bags to buy.

7. Awesome! now you can stop stressing and enjoy the summer! :smile:

8. CONGRATS! Getting a job as a 1L is HUGE. This is a VERY big accomplishment. Plus being PAID is even bigger!

9. yay, JC, i'm so happy and excited for you. Congrats.
    Now, you don't have to worry much a/b looking for a job, not that u have to worry cuz you are a smart girl. :P

10. Congrats, you deserve it!! No more stressing for now :smile:

11. Congratulations!!! All experience is a good thing... think on your future CV and all you will learn :biggrin:

12. thanks soso much everybody.....i'm in class right now so i have no one else to share my excitement with and i know you guys would be here for me :lol:........last week i almost burst into tears so many times in class just thinking about being unemployed for the summer.......i still have a few more interviews coming up and i'm not sure if i should take this offer right away or wait a little but i'm just so relieved to have an offer :shame:

the pay isn't much but hopefully it'll be enough to get myself a little reward :P

13. CONGRATS JC!!! THat is the perfect job for first year summer~! I worked at the Free Legal Aid Clinic, and had a blast! (talk about making no money :smile: You will have plenty of time for the "firm" job- just enjoy your experience! And have fun!

14. thanks so much jag.....i really appreciate your sharing your experience with me.......and i hope your day is looking up and you're feeling better :P

15. You are such a sweetheart! Thank you!!! And yes, I am feeling better- and the day is already half over (thank goodness). What are you doing to celebrate your new job? Is there a new handbag in your future???;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice