I found a fake bag at Loehmann's!!!!

At C21, they don't take any merchandises back without receipt and the tag being attached. Also if price tags are missing, they attach new ones at the registers. Also for hi-end designer items, managers have to sign on the return form. Haven't shopped at Loehmann's for ages but I kinda remember that the return was much easier than C21.

I can't be;ieve he doesn't care! Maybe he did the return himself and doesn't want to admit his mistake?? But that's a scary thought. Though I rarely buy a purse that is not from a boutique, I will still check to be sure that it's not a fake. Better be safe than sorry because you would never know.

At the Neiman Marcus here they require the tags - and for high end you have to have a manager approve the return. For Chanel and LV they have their own in the store boutiques and those employees are trained to spot a fake, I think.

I had to return a Burberry raincoat that had a defective belt and no problem - but I had the receipt from when my mom bought it.

Truth is, it cost too much for retailers to spend money adding these 'precautions' to ensure that switcheroos don't happen. I know Nordstrom spends a lot of money in their Loss Prevention department and they pay more attention to 'bad returns' than anything else. Heard that there are often professional shoplifters that go to Nordstrom, buy a bunch of stuff (True Religion jeans, or Lacoste polos, etc) and switch them to fake ones and return it. I'm sure they've gotten better at spotting bad returns but it still happens unfortunately.

Truth is, it cost too much for retailers to spend money adding these 'precautions' to ensure that switcheroos don't happen. I know Nordstrom spends a lot of money in their Loss Prevention department and they pay more attention to 'bad returns' than anything else. Heard that there are often professional shoplifters that go to Nordstrom, buy a bunch of stuff (True Religion jeans, or Lacoste polos, etc) and switch them to fake ones and return it. I'm sure they've gotten better at spotting bad returns but it still happens unfortunately.

Yes, retailers have wised up to switcheroos. Many stores that sell designer items don't offer money back because it completely solves the problem of someone coming in, buying X amount of goods, switching it with fakes and then trying to return it all to recover their initial "investment." It's terrible that we even have to think like this, but scumbags really are everywhere!

I know the department stores are sometimes cheaper, but the individual brand boutiques usually have a highly trained staff and since we work with ONLY our brand we usually can spot a fake immediately. As psychotic as it is, I'll notice if a jacket doesn't have the exact same buttons or if a tag is sewn in the wrong place of a pair of pants. Someone who works with a specific handbag 40+ hours a week will know just by touch and sixth sense that a bag is not authentic.

It's also of note that discount stores purchase from many sources, including bankrupt boutiques or liquidated merchandise. There's no backing at that point that they didn't buy left over stock from Joe Schmoe's House of Fakes after he went out of business.

Yes, retailers have wised up to switcheroos. Many stores that sell designer items don't offer money back because it completely solves the problem of someone coming in, buying X amount of goods, switching it with fakes and then trying to return it all to recover their initial "investment." It's terrible that we even have to think like this, but scumbags really are everywhere!

I know the department stores are sometimes cheaper, but the individual brand boutiques usually have a highly trained staff and since we work with ONLY our brand we usually can spot a fake immediately. As psychotic as it is, I'll notice if a jacket doesn't have the exact same buttons or if a tag is sewn in the wrong place of a pair of pants. Someone who works with a specific handbag 40+ hours a week will know just by touch and sixth sense that a bag is not authentic.

It's also of note that discount stores purchase from many sources, including bankrupt boutiques or liquidated merchandise. There's no backing at that point that they didn't buy left over stock from Joe Schmoe's House of Fakes after he went out of business.

Where do you work at?? I'm assuming at a boutique..