I find this hard to believe, but maybe I'm wrong to?

Well having her auction pulled sounds bad. But at the same time...if she sends you an invoice through paypal and in the description she describes what she's selling to you, you're still protected as if you were buying right off of ebay. And yes, pay with your credit card that way you're protected both ways. But if you personally don't feel too comfortable, then just don't go through with the transaction! Peace of mind is very important. Just thought I'd share some info.

I had auctions pulled from ebay because of a technical problem ebay found in my listing. However, I relisted them right away (minus the technical prob) and haven't had any issues since.

I think you should insist that she does an ebay listing, and if she doesn't, its her loss.

Mind you, I have bought items through pp (on other websites) and their protection has seemed to be the same.

No, when a listing is pulled, it's gone for good - you can't relist it; you have to start it all over from scratch.
Having said that, it still sounds risky... Can you ask her for more photos or something?

Yes, agreed. When they pull your listing it simply disappears without any warning what so ever.
But either way, I wouldn't do it. You have to consider if you can afford to lose that amount of money. In fact, I look at EVERY item I purchase, even those legitamately sold on eBay, as a possible loss. If it's monies I can't afford to lose, I don't do it.

Ummm, if she can take time to send you PP invoice why can't take time to relist? :confused1: I think we need to click 2 or 3 buttons only to relist item and it won't take more than 5 minutes! Skip her item.

actually Ebay does cancel the entire listing if the bidder is a hi-jacker. It is annoying and makes no sense that ebay cannot just cancel the hi-jackers bid, but instead they cancel the whole thing. Still I would NOT accept an off ebay transaction. The seller could relist that particular item as a private auction for you. S/he doesn't have to list mega auctions to sale ONE to you.

I didn't read this entire thread. Hopefully, I am not repeating what has already been said.

For me, it is hard to believe she has time to make a PayPal invoice but doesn't have time to relist it?! It took me 3 seconds to relist an item but took me over a minute to issue a non-eBay invoice. So my suggestion is, don't bid on her items.

it is possible to send an invoice through paypal and you are still protected but i don't know about the listing being pulled. does she have anything else up right now? did she before?

^ Ah, I see - thanks hannah! :biggrin:

Does her reason for the auction being pulled seem unlikely then, do you think?

Just for general reference, I had an auction pulled for this reason before and it was something really random. A bookshelf or something. Apparently there was something fishy with one of my bidders, as she said - their account had been hijacked - so they cancelled my auction and refunded my listing fees.

I was still really annoyed!

it is possible to send an invoice through paypal and you are still protected but i don't know about the listing being pulled. does she have anything else up right now? did she before?

No, she has nothing up right now. :nogood:

She did before, yes. :yes:

It doesn't say anything about her being suspended/ NARUed, though.

When people are suspended, as opposed to NARUed, is there any way of telling?

Thank you, everybody, for your help, BTW! :flowers:

When people are suspended, as opposed to NARUed, is there any way of telling?

It says NARU even if they are temporarily suspended.

I learned something here; I had no idea eBay cancelled the whole auction if a bidder has a hijacked account. That's sort of ridiculous. But then again, it IS eBay, so why am I surprised.

I had an auction pulled for not allowing credit cards through paypal. After it was pulled you could not just login & relist it like you can when an item doesn't sell. I did relist it but it took 1/2 hr or more because I had to download my pix to my computer again & resize them again. I don't save ebay pictures on my computer after I've listed something. It was a pain.........but I did it.

That being said I probably wouldn't purchase it outside of ebay.
If it goes south you can't even post negative feedback.