I find myself lying...do you?

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I feel like I am always lying about the price of my bags to my friends. they ask me and i can't ever tell the truth, i tell them it is CHEAPER than it really is. you would think most people would lie that it is more expensive, but i get embarassed telling them how much i spend. I know it's my money and I can do what I want, but I don't want them to think I am a spoiled brat....

Well, you aren't a spoiled brat if you spend your own money to buy the things you like. People who are single live in million dollar homes that is way too big for one person isn't called spoiled. It's just how you think of it I guess. I wouldn't be embarrassed though.

On the other hand, people who ask about prices people spend on things are too prying on someone's personal life. I think it's not cool when people get noisy about ohh how much does this or that cost.

If you don't feel happy telling people just say I don't wanna talk about it or you don't have to know. X_X I don't know.

I lie to my DH.. ooopps! I didnt want him to know how much I spent for my purses! Specially I was able to get so much in a span of two months!! (oopss I hope he doesnt read this!) Not that he minds me getting stuff, is just that I am abit ashamed that I may have been splurging! BUt what can I do, I got addicted to TPF and it triggered my love for collecting handbags!:girlsigh:

I find myself telling people (especially DH) what the bag "retails" for and then tell them the fabulous "deal" price I got it at. Somehow it makes it seem not so bad in my mind that way?!? ;)

HA! I tried telling my DH that I got my most recent bag for 50% off! OMG! And he said .... "What, 50% off of $1000? I wouldn't put it past you". He knows me too well...

My most common answer is "I got it on sale" and leave it at that :whistle:

ETA. You can't be a spoiled brat if it's your own money that you're spending! Everyone is entitled to spoil themselves.

I don't lie but I do know what you mean. When I bought my most expensive handbag, everyone asked and I have yet to tell anyone but my boyfriend. He of course needs to know but everyone else has yet t o figure it out. I just keep saying, "Its best left unsaid."

I'd say it's a problem. If you feel guilty about how much you spend and b/c of that ashamed to tell people the truth, maybe you shouldn't spend that much. Just my opinion.

I do the same thing MJDaisy. My friends ask me how much this bag or that bag cost and I always lie and say it is cheaper then it was. It's not that I think I'm a spoiled brat because it's my money and bags are one of my only splurges. It's because I don't want them to judge me for how I spend my money, which I know they do from time to time.

i lie. The people who ask me, my mom, my friends...Just wouldnt *get it*...i have a breathtaking Cromia on layaway at TJ Maxx right now that i'll be picking up in about a week...Even at TJ Maxx, the price would horrify pretty much anyone who knew. Yet the very people who would be judgemental if i told them the truth spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on video games, computer equipment and electronics, so its a double standard, really.

I don't lie, my friends don't really ask though. I don't feel guilty because I feel like I am spending my own hard-earned money and I don't owe anyone an explanation for it.

The most I have spend on a bag is $400 (i find amazing deals) ...which is a LOT to the people i know. I know on here it doesn't seem like that much to many. they just wouldn't get it.

I only tell my childhood, best girlfriend, because we grew up together we both love design and quality. I would not tell the price to anyone else, also it includes clothing, shoes, jewellery and furniture.