I finally snipped tags off an Oct PCE! How do u feel tag snipping a "holdover"?

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
I know it has been discussed how long some of us wait before snipping the tags off our bags. It is about 60% of us who are cautious before doing so for various reasons.

What about you, what bag have you snipped the tags from after holding it for a long time? And how did you feel about it? Were you worried it would show up at the outlet? Or what reason did you hold in the first place?

My story: Today I snipped the bag off the Crimson Dotted Op Art Sophia bought during Oct PCE and I feel great about it!! The reason I held on to this bag so long was because

1. I thought about exchanging it for the teal
2. Kept thinking it would show up at the outlet for less

Still think #2 is possible, but decided I wanted to enjoy this bag during the holidays and she is the perfect style and color for this. Yes I will kick myself if she hits the outlet for $60 less next month but I will survive, LOL

I'm always an immediate 'snipper'. I'm all about instant gratification! I don't know how you girls wait so long. I usually have the tags off before I even pull out of the parking lot.

I just snipped the tag off my MSB in purple last thursday. I got it during Nov PCE. I was having second thoughts of using it coz I have this feeling that it might go to the outlets. But then, I just told myself might as well use it and enjoy it!!! And I love it so much!! The color is stunning and awesome!!! I got so many compliments when I went to the mall and that made me feel good that I made the right decision. If it does get to the outlet someday, I will just have to make sure to get the other colors!!!

Sometime within the past few weeks I snipped the tags off of my black patent Sabrina with the amber hardware. Keep in mind this was a bag that I searched all over for, called JAX and the boutiques constantly trying to find, AND paid full price for (something I've never done before or since). So I think that means I had it for over a year before snipping the tags.

As for why, for one thing it is the small, and I really wanted the large. Unfortunately the large was impossible to get a hold of.

I've also moved away from carrying satchels since hobos and crossbody bags are just so much more convenient.

Aside from that, it was a bag I bought without mentioning it to my husband, and at the time, my collection was fairly small. It is so distinctive looking that there was no way I could just slip it in the rotation and pull the "you mean this? I've had it for years," excuse. :biggrin:

I actually pulled it out of the box thinking I'd just return it to the store and get something else instead. As soon as I looked at it again, I knew I couldn't part with it.

Yay for snipping tags!! :biggrin:
That Crimson...oh, Melissa. If you had parted with her, you would have totally regretted it! The teal Sophia...you remember I changed my mind on it, too...
I do not regret it, yet. That crimson is just amazing with the gold dotted C's...very different that a lot of the other dotted ones. It's a perfect fall/winter bag...and I may even use it in the summer.
I have only seen one teal dotted on ebay...but a LOT of crimson...so actually, it looks as if the teal may be going to the outlet. I am not sure a lot of people have bought it.
I would look for the teal (or use client tracker) after we get word of them going to the outlet.

Michellejy - I think I remember your search for the black patent Sabrina...I had to hunt for this one myself, LOL. I think if you did part with it, it would be a regret because they are impossible to find.

PCL, It will be interesting to see which Sophias show up at the outlets....I have my doubts about CM getting the teal but am all over it if they do ;) Taking the Crimson out to another holiday event tonight!

I take my time to snip--most of the time. Every once in a while I've snipped immediately--with my black gathered sophia, my kristin python drawstring hobo, it was love at first sight. Most of the time, I keep what I get but I only do after storing for a while and making darn sure I want to commit. It's a space issue for me--running out of shelf space as my collection grows exponentially. Remember Elaine on Seinfeld? I guess I need to be 101% sure that my tagged bags are "sponge worthy"! LOL

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with self control issues! :biggrin: If I get a new bag I HAVE to use it immediately. I think the longest I've gone is about two hours when I wanted to show my dh first. I didn't make it and just snipped and put my stuff in it. That was my large black leather sabrina, and I haven't regreted her a single moment.

I usually hold off on taking the tags off because I am an impulse shopper and sometimes I need some time to make sure I really love what I bought and didn't just get it because I got it at such a good price/was the last one/the SA talked me into it.