i finally saw the patent ritz bag

*jennifer*

crazy for chalcedony
O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
today at the SCP chanel boutique.

the leather is really gorgeous- a crackly patent which i loved! :heart:
but i didn't like the oblong length of it. it's very long so the bag looked really awkward on me.

just wanted to give the heads up to anyone who is interested in the bag!

but i didn't like the oblong length of it. it's very long so the bag looked really awkward on me.

just wanted to give the heads up to anyone who is interested in the bag!
Jennifer,
can you compare the shape to any other chanels (or brands?) I hope the shape works for me because I do love that crackly patent!!

quote]

Exactly, 'awkward' is the word. That is why I packed it back up to go back within 30 minutes of receiving it. I absolutely loved the color & the crackly patent (and it was soft too... very nice), but the entire bag looks like an really way oversized 'frame bag'. 'Awkward' is the right word. Plus the shoulder strap part with the chain going through it was tough to keep on and I was fiddling with 'righting' the chain through it each time. I even tried seeing what it would look like hand held but holding it by hand, the straps weren't comfortable either. I actually wish they would have made the bag smaller and re-done the shoulder straps and it would have been perfect.

sophiawinter, YES! that is the perfect comparison!

macp6
, it is triangular in shape just like the popincourt (not the popincourt haut, but the original popincourt that was meant for knitting or whatever!). it's quite long and also fairly tall which is what makes it awkward on me. it was probably about 14" long and then maybe 6" tall.

allinthebag, i'd recommend you go and check out this bag in person if you can. it looks great sitting on the display but it might look different once you put it on. my bf actually grimaced and shook his head vehemently when i put it on, lol!

Unfortunately, the Chanel store is 6 hours away. I am leaning towards not getting it and letting them sell it to someone else. Maybe when the black one becomes available here at NM, I will see it in person and decide. It does look weird just from the pics on ebay. The frame part of the bag seems weird. I really appreciate your advice *jennifer*. Thank you!

Unfortunately, the Chanel store is 6 hours away. I am leaning towards not getting it and letting them sell it to someone else. Maybe when the black one becomes available here at NM, I will see it in person and decide. It does look weird just from the pics on ebay. The frame part of the bag seems weird. I really appreciate your advice *jennifer*. Thank you!

Hey Jules,

This should keep you out of trouble with your DH.:lol: I think it's a good idea to wait for your Neiman's to have it in stock and then you can go try it on in person. It gives you more time too between bags.;)

I'm so jealous you got a JPG.:wtf: