I finally got my HG bag....

Katwoman1973

Jan 30, 2009
Hello Ladies I have not been posting much lately. But still have been looking. I was bidding on my bag on eBay and my friend told me to stop bidding she thought I was bidding too high. Thats what she told me anyways! After auction ended she said your getting your bag for Christmas!! I was ^%$&^*(!!!!!!! So 3 days go by and she has received the bag. She knows nothing about Coach etc. :biggrin: She actually liked it and was teasing me saying she might keep it and its on the floor she has her feet on it etc. I was NOOOOO!! Of Course she was only playing with me. So Friday she is like be home tomorrow. She overnighted it to me and addressed it to CryBaby! :nuts: The maillady was laughing. She said you sound like such a baby about your bag.

So when I opened the package on Sat I took a deep breath.. Yummy Leather! I notice right away she has a BAD BAD case of Verdigris. I do not wanna hurt my friends feelings I just told her do not leave the seller feedback. I even emailed the seller and asked for more pictures. I also asked if they were a member here Since most of us ladies would notice verdigris and be picky about our bags. I guess not everyone is picky! :sad: The Auction stated the bag was same condition as the day they got it. Only carried a couple of times. It took me 3 hours to clean the verdigris off of her. The bag was so dry I had to put 3 coats of apple conditioner on it so far and I am sure it could use more. Needless to say I still love her! If I had been the one paying she would have went back.

One more thing before I post her pictures... I also won my HG keyfob THE COMIC KEYFOB!!! woohoooo!!!! Waiting on that to come in the mail still.

In all her glory here she is!!
gigi2.jpg

WHISKEY GIGI as you can see in this picture the leather where the Verdigris was it is very dark :Sad:
gigi3.jpg

gigi.jpg

I had my Gigi out and about today and noticed even more verdigris on her that I missed :sad:

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Congrats, she does look perfect, I couldn't tell there was darker leather near the brass parts. I've been looking for the Comic charm and have it set up in ebay search and it never came up recently. Lucky you, you finding one!
My whiskey Gigi doesn't get verdigris because I live in a dry climate.

coachadd1ct

Need Some Luck!!
Nov 23, 2008
Wow!! She's beautiful!!!

How did you clean up the Verdigris??

Oh and congrats on landing the Comic fob!!! I have several different searches set up on ebay and nothing ever came up for me either!! It was meant to be yours!!

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
from dictionary.com:
ver⋅di⋅gris
  /ˈvɜrdɪˌgris, -grɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vur-di-grees, -gris]
–noun
a green or bluish patina formed on copper, brass, or bronze surfaces exposed to the atmosphere for long periods of time, consisting principally of basic copper sulfate.
Also called aerugo.

ponytail

Sep 16, 2009
from dictionary.com:
ver⋅di⋅gris
  /ˈvɜrdɪˌgris, -grɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vur-di-grees, -gris]
–noun
a green or bluish patina formed on copper, brass, or bronze surfaces exposed to the atmosphere for long periods of time, consisting principally of basic copper sulfate.
Also called aerugo.

Thank you! I never knew the technical name for that!
I was thinking it had something to do with the leather.