I finally found my perfect skincare!!!!

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Well ladies after several months of trying just about every cream from La Mer to Clinique, Clarins, Darphin, Obagi, Laura Mercier and you name it. I've finally found my HG skincare for my sensitive/dehydrated skin. It's CHANEL. I know, who knew?

Here's what kept happening. I'd try a new skincare line for a couple days and think I LOVED it. Then, after about a week all of a sudden I"d notice a reaction (redness, breakouts etc...). Off I'd go back to my cosmetics counter with a continual search for a HG line. It was becoming frustrating. I even tried more natural/organic lines.

A couple months ago I tried Chanel with the sublimage line and found it didn't work for me. I almost had given up entirely on Chanel. Thank goodness I didn't.

Luckily, I've found their newer line called Hydramax to work PERFECTLY. I've been using it now for several days and my skin actually looks better each day. I've even received a few compliments.

I'm using their entire line. I start with the gentle foaming and/or milky cleanser for sensitive/dry skin, soothing toner, hydramax serum, hydramax active cream (gel for summer or nights when I don't feel as dry), Initiale eye cream for day and the anti-aging eye for night.

Also, I'm using their Gomage exfoliator. And all I can say is WOW!!!! My skin has never felt this good, ever!!!!!

I wear their vitalumiere foundation or their tinted moisturizer on days when I want something light. Again, just perfect for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up one of their masks. I'll keep everyone posted!:smile:

I'm so pleased lovebags2!!

Finding the right skincare can be a nightmare (and expensive!) but it sounds as if you've finally found your HG! Congratulations and keep us posted!:smile:

Thanks Ladies!

Yes, this has been a very long and exhausting journey (and expensive too). I"m sure my kids will be delighted not to have more Nordstrom trips.;)

I'll definetely keep everyone posted. I'll know even more in another month. Chanel just wasn't ever a line that I would've considered for skincare. I althought thought of them for makeup.

I forgot to mention that I"m wearing their facial sunscreen too and just LOVE it. It even makes my skin look better if you can believe it.

The only drawback to Chanel is the price. I do hear the products last for awhile.

Glad you found your HG products! I also use the exfoliator and love it - it's so gentle but really makes me skin soft. Some of the other skincare such as the serum made me break out but I like the sublimage face and eye cream. I would like to know about the mask too

I'm very glad to hear that, Lovebags2! We spend alot of tome & money trying to find the right products. I too have finally found the right ones for me & I'm sooo relieved. No more messing around :amuse:

I'm very glad to hear that, Lovebags2! We spend alot of tome & money trying to find the right products. I too have finally found the right ones for me & I'm sooo relieved. No more messing around :amuse:

Aah Thanks!!!!

Yes, exactly. You said it perfectly. No more messing around. hehe

It can be such an overwhelming experience trying to find the right skincare. It was SO tiring going back/forth to all the makeup counters. Plus, I always feel bad whenever I return something. The SA are always SO friendly when I purchase but I can't exactly say the same when it's a return. The other day you wouldn't believe how the SA at the Clinique counter acted when I returned a foundation that wasn't the right match. I"m THRILLED that I'll never have to deal with these type returns again. Well, Hopefully. Wish me luck since I"ll be 100% certain in another month. But, so far my skin has NEVER looked better! And, it's nice that other's keep noticing. That just confirms my instincts.

Sorry for the ramble.;)

Glad you found your HG products! I also use the exfoliator and love it - it's so gentle but really makes me skin soft. Some of the other skincare such as the serum made me break out but I like the sublimage face and eye cream. I would like to know about the mask too

Oh, I"m so glad to hear that you love the exfoliator too. I use the one with the pink beads. It's the BEST exfloliator I've ever used. And I've used too many to even mention! Exfoliation is key to anti-aging and having radiant skin.;)

I've noticed that my foundation goes on incredibly smooth for a couple days after I"ve used the Chanel exfoliator.

I'm off now to pick up the mask. I"ll be happy to report my results later tonight. MUA gives good reviews which always makes me more confident of a new purchase.

Sorry to hear the serum was too rich. I have extremely dehydrated skin this winter. I"m working on drinking more water and think that's been quite helpful too.

I LOVE the texture of the sublimage eye cream but didn't find that it was doing anything for me except great moisturization. The other 2 Chanel eye creams that I"m using now are giving me incredible results for dark circles, lines plus the moisturization. Also, I LOVE that the morning eye cream has sunscreen and doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever. I've never been able to wear sunscreen before.

I"m also really LOVING the facial sunsreen. Perfect. I just wish that it came in a bigger bottle!

Hi lovebags2!:kiss:

You've got me wanting to investigate Chanel myself! I did use Chanel skincare many moons ago and thoroughly enjoyed it so it's about time I gave it another look. I'm just so pleased when anybody finds something that works well for them, as it really is such a hard task imo!

Happy Easter lovebags2!:hugs:

Hi lovebags2!:kiss:

You've got me wanting to investigate Chanel myself! I did use Chanel skincare many moons ago and thoroughly enjoyed it so it's about time I gave it another look. I'm just so pleased when anybody finds something that works well for them, as it really is such a hard task imo!

Happy Easter lovebags2!:hugs:

Oh YES. You absolutely MUST try Chanel again. I can't speak for anything else but the newer hydramax line. I even tried Sublimage and the rectifiance line and my skin couldn't tolerate it. I think the anti-aging ingredients in the sublimage and the sunscreen in the rectifiance was too much for my sensitive skin to handle.

BUT, the hydramax line is just perfection. All the SA's wear the hydramax and they could choose even the higher priced moisturizers if they wanted. They can't stop raving about.

I even went in the store yesterday to pick up a sample of the mask and the SA asked me if it was the Chanel skincare or something else that's making my skin look incredibly radiant. She wasn't trying to push products whatsoever and really wanted to know if it was a different line that I was using over the past week. She couldn't get over the difference. I still can't believe it myself. No more dry, flaky/sensitive skin. WOW!!!!

MY SA was sweet that she didn't want me to buy the mask until I tried a sample first. That's smart.

Guess what? I absolutely LOVE the hydrating mask. What a difference. Here's why: (Don't you all just love that I love giving details?)

Normally, I"d use a mask and then not notice a difference. I've tried several high end masks before. And if I did notice a slight difference then it would only last maybe an hour at best. Well, not so with the Chanel one. I was able to mask and then go out for dinner with my family without even placing on a moisturizer. Now, that's a FIRST for me. I have dehydrated skin so I ALWAYS need a moisturizer otherwise my skin is tight/uncomfortable.

I went out for hours last night with the hubby and kids completely without any moisturizer or foundation. That's how pretty my skin looked!

I"m not walking. I'm running to my local Chanel counter this morning.

CB - you should get samples. Here's what to ask for especially:

The confort line for cleansers. I use the cleansing milk first at night and then the gentle foaming. The milk is just an extra step for added hydration and it removes the makeup most effectively. It's mainly a makeup remover I've been told that also hydrates before you have a deep down cleanse. Then use the foaming.

In the AM, I just use the foaming cleanser. Wow, this is the best cleanser I've ever used. The smell is incredible and your skin feels just great afterwards. Not tight or dry at all.

Then I use the soothing toner and 2 pumps of the hydramax serum. Then, follow with the hydramax active gel or cream. They are both exactly the same moisturizer just different texture. I"m using both actually depending on how my skin feels that day. I know the gel will be perfect for summer. Normally, I use the cream but after the moisture mask my skin was just fine with the gel last night. Just wait till you see these moisturizers. It's like water for your skin and the smell. Don't get me started on how beautiful they smell. hehe

Grab a sample of the gomage exfoliator too. This has made a huge difference in my skin. I"ll use that twice a week and then follow up with the mask.

Eye creams are superb too. Finally, I"m noticing a difference with a good eye cream. Normally, I thought I was just wasting money on those.

Do you think I should go work for Chanel after this review? LOL

Happy Easter CB and everyone here!!!!

P.S. Some of the SA's might tell you to use the hydramax products only a couple times a week and then use their Sublimage or rectifiance moisturizer the other days. Not so. I called the Chanel boutique in NYC and the manager told me that she's been using the hydramax line daily for a couple years and wouldn't ever use anything else. Good Luck!!! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I know how difficult and stressful it can be to go through product after product. I think I might've finally found my skin's ideal treatment regime, though it consists of varying brands. Chanel's makeup is wonderful (the powdered products are silkier than any others I've used), and I have a modest collection from that side of Chanel Beauty, but I have to say, I wouldn't have thought to look to Chanel for skincare products.

Hi Ladies,

I can't believe I'm typing this but I have BAD news. Yesterday, my skin reacted to my Chanel.

I was absolutely THRILLED that I thought I finally found my HG skincare and then my skin wouldn't cooperate.

I think I must have a "delayed" effect sometimes. I started using Chanel a couple weeks. I thought I was safe to review. I'll learn for next time to take it slowly before I post my feedback.

Sorry everyone!!! But, I will keep you posted on my continued search.

Tonight, I put on my Trish Mcevoy Dry Skin Normalizer and Becca foundation which both products seem to be doing a nice job calming everything down.

lovebags2-
Oh wow sorry to hear that! I use to hop from counter to counter in search of that perfect skincare back in the day. I can't use department store brands (Chanel, Estee Lauder, etc) anymore because I find just too much fragrance in them, parabens, sulfates...etc. So I am using Juice Beauty-organic skincare and I regularly go to the Dermatologist. I got the best advice from someone- they said save your money on trying all these different skincare lines and put your money towards a good Dermatologist.

That and using sunscreen is the best beauty advice I have ever got!