I fell while carrying my Speedy :O

So I was in a rush and leaving my place when my shoelace got caught in the door as I was walking out! I felt like everything was moving in slow motion and I remember thinking "oh no my bag :cry::cry:". I fell 2 steps onto the cold ground (with snow!) and landed on my hands and knees face down. My Speedy had been on my left arm and was covered in snow. Of course the first thing I did was check the bag, and IT'S OK! No scratches or anything and the handles are fine! My knees are a little banged up but I'll live. I am SO glad I got the DE canvas, now I really have no fear :lol: :graucho:

Just wanted to share, I feel like most people would not have understood that my first concern was my bag haha! My love for LV and the DE canvas goes on!

Last winter I was getting in the (parked) car and slipped and fell with my legs under the car. My husband ran around and helped me up and once he knew I was OK he started laughing. As I fell I tossed my DE Speedy into the passenger seat to protect it, because according to him I cared more about the bag than myself!

Last winter I was getting in the (parked) car and slipped and fell with my legs under the car. My husband ran around and helped me up and once he knew I was OK he started laughing. As I fell I tossed my DE Speedy into the passenger seat to protect it, because according to him I cared more about the bag than myself!

LOL oh wow! That is some serious skill ;)

Don’t worry, when I fell I wasn’t carrying any LV, I was wearing super high heels and twisted my ankle. I still wear heels but nothing too high, how boring right?

We should practice falling and throwing the bag up in the air, then rolling on the floor and catching it, that would look really cool :lol: :cool:

Hahah that would! We could be in the newest LV campaign :cool:

omg! so glad you are ok. i once did a face plant once on ice, not pretty. so funny that your first concern was for dear speedy. those de speedies, they can really take it. mine has a few stories to tell and still looks like new. so glad you are ok : )

Oh my, so glad YOU are ok, no broken bones, etc.......glad there was no damage to your bag. Once a lady ran into me with her grocery cart in the store, and I was more worried about the bag being scratched! LOL

Don’t worry, when I fell I wasn’t carrying any LV, I was wearing super high heels and twisted my ankle. I still wear heels but nothing too high, how boring right?

We should practice falling and throwing the bag up in the air, then rolling on the floor and catching it, that would look really cool :lol: :cool:

:lol: I think we should. Can you imagine what people would think if they saw us actually doing it? :cray:

I fell off of a pretty high curb in NYC a few years back wearing 4" Manolo Blahniks. I broke a bone in my foot. It was right at the start of my vacation in NY and I wasn't about to let a little broken bone stop me, so I walked on that baby for 4 days.

I had to sell all of my 4" heels because the bone didn't heal properly. Stupid huh? :crybaby:

:lol: I think we should. Can you imagine what people would think if they saw us actually doing it? :cray:

I fell off of a pretty high curb in NYC a few years back wearing 4" Manolo Blahniks. I broke a bone in my foot. It was right at the start of my vacation in NY and I wasn't about to let a little broken bone stop me, so I walked on that baby for 4 days.

I had to sell all of my 4" heels because the bone didn't heal properly. Stupid huh? :crybaby:
oh no Tulip your poor foot! that’s sad :crybaby: looking at the bright side, less designer shoes means more money for purses, right? :graucho:

Go tiggycat! good thinking and fast moves, you’re like a ninja :ninja: lol :biggrin:

oh no Tulip your poor foot! that’s sad :crybaby: looking at the bright side, less designer shoes means more money for purses, right?

Actually YES! :lolots:

But (isn't there always a "but") have you seen the flats or low heeled shoes at LV? I have 5 pairs of them and they're all fabulous! :happydance:

Last edited:
@sbuxaddict I'm so glad you're okay! The feet-caught-in-something related accidents so often end with broken bones! I once witnessed a lady falling on the opposite escalator when her shoelace got caught in the escalator. She apparently didn't notice until the escalator band ended and dragged the shoelace underneath. The force turned around her foot backwards until someone finally stopped that thing, it was grim!

On a lighter note: Yay for DE! Even though the Patina is beautiful, the carefreeness of DE wins any day for me! :smile:

Okay guys now you've got me all worried about falling with my LV's! :sweatdrop: Three people in 1 Thread have fallen. I'm kind of superstitious about things like this. :cry: See there - I'm already crying. (Not really Hehe)

I can relieve you, I've fallen too, badly, with NO LV. (Phew!!) When I landed on the asphalt I still ripped my new coat, stained my jeans beyond repair and broke my tailbone, which is a really annoying injury, because you can't do anything about it (no butt-casts available...). Nevertheless my first reaction was to grab my purse and reassure myself it was indeed the cheap, black leather one that I had left the house with that morning and none of my designer pieces. Sigh of relief!!
I only noticed the mayhem in my clothes and tailbone when I came home. Talk about priorities! :P

I'm glad your ok.

For giggles, no one will understand the love between you and your purse more then your friends from TPF, lol.

If that happened to me and I told my friends and family, they'd think I was cray cray.

So glad you are ok! And the bag too! Not only does it hurt to fall, its so embarrassing...I trip and fall way more often than I'd like to admit, luckily I've not been carrying an LV yet when it happens. I was carrying a Coach bag once when I fell down an entire flight of cement stairs in a parking garage. It was one of the leather Coaches that marked easily and it was scuffed so badly I was more upset about the bag than the huge cuts on my legs.

NO[/B] LV. (Phew!!) When I landed on the asphalt I still ripped my new coat, stained my jeans beyond repair and broke my tailbone, which is a really annoying injury, because you can't do anything about it (no butt-casts available...). Nevertheless my first reaction was to grab my purse and reassure myself it was indeed the cheap, black leather one that I had left the house with that morning and none of my designer pieces. Sigh of relief!!
I only noticed the mayhem in my clothes and tailbone when I came home. Talk about priorities! :P

Oh my goodness, this is terrible! Did it take a long time for your tailbone to heal? I've never heard of someone doing that. :nogood:

So sorry about your new coat (wouldn't you know it would be your NEW one). Ugh...