I Fell in Love with MJ Fall 2010!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. F/W 2010 is my favorite MJ season to date (knocking S08 from its pedestal!). Not only have the styles stolen my heart, but it's my favorite as far as color options and leathers. With Navy and Bordeaux, Dark Grey and Grey Lacquered, MJ managed to make a bag in nearly every one of my fav handbags shades. And the leathers - the classic quilting made of wonderfully soft lamb, lacquered leather w/an icy like finish, the softest washed lamb's leather of the Soho bags, not to mention, the beautifully treated and uniquely lacquered bags of the Garbo collection. Of course, there are also those gorgeous exotics, which although unattainable for most of us, can be admired in the boutiques & dept stores & on the pages of this fall's fashion mags. Overall, this season has been a major "HIT" altho choosing which styles/colors to add to my collection proved to be somewhat of a challenge, I have to say I'm very happy with each and every one that I have chosen & for the first time in a long time, feel very satisfied w/o that yearn for something more (altho if I had the chance & the $$, I wouldn't pass up a Greta or Garbo or Carla!!;))

So here's my "Haul for Fall" 2010 (unfortunately, I had to part w/one in order to make room for something else, which ultimately ended up not working out. I may decide to replace it, if the perfect opportunity comes along!)

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]

3. the one I parted with is the PARADISE RIO in Dark Grey. I wasn't planning on buying this bag, but when Kiki had that fantastic 4th of July sale and I discovered this was included, I jumped at the chance. I love this season's Dark Grey and the Paradise leather is so buttery soft and smooth. I loved how the bag carried - it was so easy, both dressed up and down. But I let it go when I purchased a bag that I felt was too similarly shaped. If the opportunity came along and I could get this bag for around the same price, I'd probably jump at the chance again!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. :drool: OMG, what a fabulous haul!!! So jealous!!! congrats!

5. the first bag I bought this season, I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't even carried yet!! It's turn is coming soon tho, cuz I really do love this bag. This collection hasn't gotten a lot of attention this season, I guess because there have been so many other great choices, but from the moment I laid eyes on this bag, I knew it had to be mine. It's made of washed lamb's leather which is so wonderfully soft and "smooshy" - the Black Soho is equally amazing. If I had the storage space and xtra cash, I'd get that one too. I couldn't stop touching that black leather when I saw it (for a brief moment, I even considered returning this bag in order to get the Black Soho!).

This is the Jamie in Beige

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. OMG! Those are just gorgeous! Keep it coming! I love the leather on the Jamie!!! Its so soft!

7. #7 Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    I waited for what seemed like forever for this bag to come in. I thought it would NEVER get here!! I've wanted a bag in this color for so long and altho I've tried others, I think I finally got it right with this one. Between the color, the lacquered finish, the leather woven chain and wonderfully soft leather - I just can't say enough about the bags from this collection!!

This is the Lacquered Leather XL Single in Bordeaux (I was worried that the lacquer finish would leave these bags feeling somewhat stiff, but I think they're softer than the reg quilted bags!)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. I'm one of those people who believe that if you find a style that works well for you, there's no reason not to have two! With the gorgeous color and leather selections this season, I knew I wanted SOMETHING in this color (the Rio was the same color, but by that time, I no longer had it). I contemplated a few other styles, but figured why not stick with one that works!! Since it's regular quilting, it's a little bit different from it's "sister" bag anyhow.

This is the XL Single in regular quilting, in Dark Grey

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Those are just gorgeous!

10. I love this next one so much. I've wanted a bag like this for the longest time. I've always been drawn to the Birkin bag, but let's face it, it's not a bag I ever believe I'll ever own (even if I had that kind of $$, I doubt I could ever spend it on a bag). It seemed like nearly every designer was doing "their version" of the Birkin. I had always hoped that MJ would do one, but he never seemed to go in that direction, until now that is!! Now, I know it's not the same, but IMO, it's even better!! It's got all the details that I love most in a Birkin - the little hanging padlock, the adjustable straps at the ends, the hanging "fob" and even the illusion of the fold over flap. It's made of the most amazing leather ever!! It's so soft but feels indestructible!! And the bag is not heavy at all (I was prepared for the weight one I filled it up, but was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up to discover that it didn't feel heavy at all!). Even the color, which at first I wasn't 100% sure of (I loved the grey that came down the runway and was a bit disappointed when I found out the actual color would be different), It's such a beautiful shade, so different from anything I own. I carried it to work this week and felt so proud and confident with it on my arm! I love this bag so much!

Meet Camile in Mouse!:love::heart:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. The last item is something I had been told wasn't produced, so imagine my surprise (and excitement!) when I got a PM from a fellow tPFer alerting me to one on *bay!! I had called two boutiques and the MJ store to inquire about this wallet and was told that the only colors it was produced in were Black, Bordeaux (Red) and Grey (Taupe). The Darker Grey was on the line sheets and when I first saw the Lacquered XL in this color I was in love with it and knew I had to have SOMETHING in this shade. I even contemplated owning two XLs in the lacquered leather (but then came to my senses!). I asked about special ordering this wallet, but was told it wasn't possible because they decided not to make it. But there it was, in all its glory about a week ago (and today, I discovered it can also be found under glass at the Barneys in NY!)

So I was lucky enough to complete my "fall haul" with the Large Zip Wallet in Lacquered Leather in (Dark) Grey!! It is definitely a dark shade of grey, but in sunlight or bright lights, it's got the prettiest purple undertones to it. This is probably one of my most fav colors!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. JJ, you have such an exquisite taste! love every single of your fall haul.

sorry to hear that you had to let go your rio. i hope it went to a PFer.

So you're the one who scored the lacquered LZW! congrats :smile:

13. Whoa!!!!! JJ, You've been busy!! :graucho: What incredible additions!
    As always, your taste is chic and impeccable. I love the Camille and have major lust for the Jaime! :love: Congrats!!!

14. AH-MAZE-ING! :nuts:

congrats on all your lovely bags! your camille in mouse is TDF!! i sooooo wanted to get this bag but it's much too large for me to carry. since a smaller sized camille is in the lookbook for resort, i'm really hoping it gets made. **crossing my fingers!!**

every time i see a lacquered item, i just swoon! i'm still on the fence about the lacquered grey since i'm not really a fan of purple... but i might just have to make an exception and get something in this color.

15. thanks everyone!:tender:
    aj - have you seen the Camile in person and tried it on yet? The bag isn't as large as the measurements make it seem (or the black one appeared - I really think the black looks so much larger because it's so dark). I don't know if you've ever seen the striping bowler, but the Camile is the same size as that.
    I really don't find this bag all that much larger than the Alyona or Rio bags, honestly.

And if it's any consolation, those purple-y tones of the lacquered XL only really come out in sunlight and/or brighter lights. Under normal lighting, it's definitely a darker shade of grey (I don't think anyone would mistake the color for purple) that second pic (of the backside) is probably the most accurate