I fell and scratched my LV playing Pokémon Go!

Omg...really?!?! I signed in using my Google account, and I was hesitant for this reason. My coworkers told me that the game is owned by Google so they wouldn't be using your information for bad reasons… What do you think? Where did you hear that?☹️[emoji15]

I wouldn't worry. Everyone always says that to scare people. Having Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter is the same thing. My brother is a software engineer for a social media app and he always says that apps like these hold basic information. They don't do anything with it.

Pokemon Go needs your information because it is a live app that tracks your location to show you where the closest checkpoints and gyms are. Your location is not released to any of the other users. The only way they can know if you are close to them is if you submit your Pokemon to the gym for people to battle. But even then you don't stay near the location of the gym. I submit my Pokemon at the gym and leave to go do something else while people battle me. And since you're under a different username they can't figure out who you really are.

Don't worry, the world of Pokemon is a safe place! Get some friends with you, go out, and catch some Pokemon!

Reactions: Shelby33
Oh really?! I actually did that last night with a polishing cloth I got from Tiffany's. It did make it shiny, but the scratches are a little deep. It's actually not noticeable, and if it ever bugs me bad enough in the future, God forbid gets worse, I think I can replace the rings alone, they can most likely be installed without needing a new handle.

What kind of cloth did you use? My bag is only 3 months old, I bought it new from LV, so it's still pretty shiny anyway.

I'm happy to hear you had success on your Sarah!
I used a cloth I bought at a little jeweller in Denmark while on holidays. It wasn't by any special brand, just bought it to polish my trollbeads. Maybe if you polish them again after some time the shine will become more destinctive and you don't notice anything else anymore [emoji5]
Mind you: On the pictures the scratches don't seem obvious to me at all, so probably it'll look like normal wear and tear to you after some time. But I'm just like you, even if nobody else notices any fault on my bag I still do [emoji8]
But I read somewhere that all spots and scratches are part of your and your bag's journey together and thus are a part of your story. This is a great thought and like that you'll always remember the day a Pokemon brought you to your knees [emoji8]

Omg...really?!?! I signed in using my Google account, and I was hesitant for this reason. My coworkers told me that the game is owned by Google so they wouldn't be using your information for bad reasons… What do you think? Where did you hear that?☹️[emoji15]

I am not sure I could help you a lot because I am not at all in "all games by phone or pc" :lol: yes I know I am "old lady" :giggle:
But for sure I can tell you I heard in French television yesterday and on the Web 2 days ago that this game can take all your private information.
But I suppose like all games do same things? :girlsigh:

This Pokémon game is crazy! I also saw it in the news. I'm glad you're ok. Looks like the bag is generally in good shape. It's funny that you checked the bag first. It made me laugh because I would have done the same! :biggrin:

So, within five minutes of downloading Pokémon Go, I tripped walking and fell on my bag! I'm fine, my hands and knees are a little scratched up, but my poor Artsy! It's not horrible, and not very noticeable, but the rings got small scratches on them[emoji31][emoji24]
View attachment 3408620
Anyway, let my fail be your warning! Be careful playing, and watch where you're walking. Ugh, at least I laughed at myself, and the other interns had a good chuckle[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Although they didn't understand why I immediately checked my bag and not my knees and hands[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I too would have checked my bag first! Lol! But the good thing is that you're okay! And the game is so fun, isn't it?