I feel the need for RED Epi....

Antonia

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Hi all! I think my next bag has to be another LV...I've been out of the LV loop for a while. I keep going back and forth on the Speedy 25 vs. the Alma (the Speedy 30 will be too huge). I've read complaints about the speedy 25 being hard to get into....but is it really that hard to get in and out of?? I like the price point much better on the speedy than the Alma but if it's going to really be a pain then I'd rather get the classic Alma. I never over stuff my bags so I won't have to worry about the Alma getting all wavy at the top of the zipper. I also love the Montaigne Sac but I don't really want to spend that much. SO if you had to choose one, which one would it be...what are the pros and cons and do you think the red will get a lot of mileage? Thanks in advance!! :smile:

I can not comment on the color because in epi I have the mandarin in petite noe and the jasmin in black.

It's good though that you know the deal with the alma (I have this in damier), it definately gets wavy. Maybe you should get a petite noe???

I love the alma!

The other thing to keep in mind with the epi speedy is that the epi soft speedys tend to get wrinkles or creases in the leather up by the zipper with use.

If you like Red, then it should get a lot of use. I have the Epi Speedy 25 in Red, I hardly use it because of the tight opening ... but, I still like it ~ I think it's cute.

How about the Jasmin in red?

I wonder about this very same question. The alma does get wavy on my black mc alma and I have to be mindful of how to close it. If you are getting a new one which will have silver hw, I prefer the look of the speedy with silver hw. I feel like the speedy looks more hip and young and the alma looks more ladylike and formal, if not a little prissy but I still like it, lol. I don't think I was any help since I don't know what to do myself. Every time I see a red epi speedy I fall for it all over again. I'm not sure your age but I feel like the alma is def. a more mature looking bag. I'm in my 30's and a mom of 3 so I feel old enough, but if I were in my 20's I probably would go for the speedy.

I wonder about this very same question. The alma does get wavy on my black mc alma and I have to be mindful of how to close it. If you are getting a new one which will have silver hw, I prefer the look of the speedy with silver hw. I feel like the speedy looks more hip and young and the alma looks more ladylike and formal, if not a little prissy but I still like it, lol. I don't think I was any help since I don't know what to do myself. Every time I see a red epi speedy I fall for it all over again. I'm not sure your age but I feel like the alma is def. a more mature looking bag. I'm in my 30's and a mom of 3 so I feel old enough, but if I were in my 20's I probably would go for the speedy.

I'm actually a young 40...I feel like I'm still hip-lol!! :P

I'm really curious from those who have an Epi Speedy 25 if it really is such a pain to get into or is it something you just will get used to?? :shrugs:

I don't really care for the Jasmin shape and I don't like the drawsting opening of the Noe. It's definitely between the Alma and Speedy. I would love to hear more opinions, it would be much appreciated!!! :yes: