I feel SO GUILTY!

LMD_02

Jan 31, 2009
I just bought my 1st Coach bag last Monday (Carly - Choc. Brown Sig. with Metallic Leather strap & Brass H/W) and just yesterday, I trekked to the Coach Boutique and purchased a Black/Silver Sabrina! I just feel SO guilty about this b/c I have NEVER spent this kind of $$$ on purses, in my LIFE! And while I love both bags, I feel like maybe I SHOULD take the Carly back ... Yet on the other hand, it's SO NICE now having a brown bag AND a black bag ... 1 has Brass while the other has Silver ...

I just can't decide if I should keep both, or return the Carly. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Sabrina -- the SMELL, the LQQK, the Silver H/W is absolutely gorgeous! So, she's definitely a KEEPER :smile:

WWYD? Is this "guilt" normal in the early days of Coach purchases? :shrugs:

I still feel guilty if I spend a lot of money on a purse. I usually end up taking it back because I could use the money to pay my gas bill. I have two nice coach purses that I spent $150 on together. That is okay to me. Until I graduate and am able to work all the time, I'm limiting my spending on everything!

It is absolutely OK to feel guilty. As long as you think you got the best price on a bag you love, it is OK. I feel guilty with every bag I buy. Coach makes classic bags, you keep these for a long time. Enjoy!!

I feel guilty paying full price for anything. I'm just out of college so I'm not exactly swimming in cash. Outlet shopping is a really good way to counter the guilt though :tup:

Is the Carly that I purchased something that's HTF (or a dime a dozen)? I'll attach pics, so you ladies can help me out since I'm still new at this. It was purchased at Belk, and while I THOUGHT it was a good deal, you may advise me otherwise. I did have a friend who went to the Edinburgh outlet yesterday and they did not have this exact bag. They did have several other Carly's that were cheaper than mine (I paid $255 + tax)
191-9148_IMG.jpg

191-9149_IMG.jpg

191-9150_IMG.jpg

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't pay $250+ for a Carly signature bag because of the issues people have had with fraying. For that price, you can get a leather Carly at the outlets. For half that, you can get a signature slim Carly at the outlets.

I think it is a beautiful bag, and I agree that having brown and black bags (and red and purple and green . . . :smile: ) is a good thing, but The Sig Carly has had its share of issues.

For just a little more, you could get the new Heritage Stripe in brown, or for even less if you have a PCE card:

608e_1.JPG

Last edited:
I can tell that the Carly is potentially a "delicate" bag given the Sateen fabric -- she IS gorgeous, and I DO love the color, but WHAT IF ... the fabric starts to shred .... what do I do? Do you have to return to JAX, the store where purchased? All of the variables running thru my mind are just overwhelming right now.

I'm wondering, for those of you with a Carly (or HAD a Carly) what problems did you encounter with it? And was it bad enough that you have steered clear of the style all together now???

I don't think a signature Carly is worth much more than $120 but I am a leather girl. Sig carlys fray eventually on the top edges. It just depends on how much you love it I guess. I agree to live a little and have a few personal posessions you enjoy. I don't remember what a full price Sabrina costs but it's probably like $500. I wouldn't pay that much for any bag but that's just me. I'm waiting until July when the Sabrinas are rumored to hit the outlets, I want a cherry one! lol

Last edited:
If you are able to afford the bags and know you will use them, then keep them both. I understand the feelings of guilt, as I also get the same feelings when I spend lots of money on Coach, clothes, electronics or just about anything. But, my bills get paid, money goes into savings, food is on the table, etc. If it got to a point where my family and financial stability were suffering, that's when I know it's gone too far. As long as you are not putting yourself of any finanical harm, then keep the bags and enjoy them.

As far as the fraying, if you do a search you will find plenty of threads dealing with this issue.

I don't think a signature Carly is worth much more than $140 but I am a leather girl. It just depends on how much you love it I guess. I agree to live a little and have a few personal posessions you enjoy. I don't remember what a full price Sabrina costs but it's probably like $500. I wouldn't pay that much for any bag but that's just me. I'm waiting until July when the Sabrinas are rumored to hit the outlets, I want a cherry one! lol
I actually eye-balled the Cherry Sabrina yesterday, but I'm still not ready to "venture out" into color yet -- lame, I know! But I just ADORE my black/silver beauty staring at me this very second. The sm/med is $358, and I belive the lg. is close to $500 -- either way, a REAL BEAUTY, and such a classic bag! I love the versatility :smile:

i got my Carly at the outlet for 69.00 it was a small tho, it look just like yours.... maybe you should try them instead of the FP store? then u can keep both :smile:

I actually eye-balled the Cherry Sabrina yesterday, but I'm still not ready to "venture out" into color yet -- lame, I know! But I just ADORE my black/silver beauty staring at me this very second. The sm/med is $358, and I belive the lg. is close to $500 -- either way, a REAL BEAUTY, and such a classic bag! I love the versatility :smile:
I don't blame you for falling in love with a bag. I do that all the time. Can't stop looking at them they're so nice! Keep your Sabrina, I think that even if they hit the outlets they won't reduce them by much. Enjoy it now!