I feel so bad.................

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
I couldnt wait to get my Ivy Bays from a TPFer.....
I hate to say it, but I am just not in love with her....:crybaby:
Am I horrible or what? I even feel ashamed to admit it to all of you....
Its a beautiful purse, but I am just not loving her...
I carried it for a week and I have already gone back to my Rebecca Minkoff...:girlsigh:

I'm so sorry. I remember a couple of weeks ago you were beside yourself waiting for it to cross the Atlantic. I'm sure you will move her on no problem.

I have the same problem with an Oak Roxanne. Brand new, failed to bond and then terrible water damage that prevented me returning her or selling her on.

I guess we just have to put it down to experience. I hope it doesn't put you off Mulberry though?

What a horrible feeling it is when you finally admit you are not in love! Bit of a relief too though ???

I've been in that situation quite a few times, This is the problem when we buy bags without seeing them first (as geography often dictates), As corries said, I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it on.

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear this :sad: I remember how excited you were when she was on her way across the ocean.

Have you been able to identify anything specific that bothers you? Is it the pattern? The colour? Or something more general like the size/shape of the bag?

Either way, as the others have said, I'm sure you'll be able to move it on easily enough if that's what you decide in the end.

At least the Ivy Bays should be quite easy to re-sell if you want to do that as it is a really lovely twist on a classic style. However, I would wait until the Autumn/Winter weather kicks in because you may suddenly find that you love the bag after all when its colours and design fit into the season perfectly.

I'm so sorry. I remember a couple of weeks ago you were beside yourself waiting for it to cross the Atlantic. I'm sure you will move her on no problem.

I have the same problem with an Oak Roxanne. Brand new, failed to bond and then terrible water damage that prevented me returning her or selling her on.

I guess we just have to put it down to experience. I hope it doesn't put you off Mulberry though?

What a horrible feeling it is when you finally admit you are not in love! Bit of a relief too though ???

corries2 - I'm reading on your Oak Roxanne - I'm assuming that you aren't 'in love' with her - and its not just the water damage? As - for the later - that may be fixable. Depends on how bad - but I do know of a Company who might be able to help.

Let me know if thats any use to you:smile:

At least the Ivy Bays should be quite easy to re-sell if you want to do that as it is a really lovely twist on a classic style. However, I would wait until the Autumn/Winter weather kicks in because you may suddenly find that you love the bag after all when its colours and design fit into the season perfectly.

:graucho:As usual Jenova has suggested exactly what I was thinking, I love the "brogue" punching on the bag - as J says it is a twist on a classic.

Good luck with your next choice - xxx

I know the feeling and really sympathise. It happened with the cracked black metallic for me. I had both the Bayswater clutch and Bayswater in that material but the clutch I received through mail order was really worn and used looking - the material looked awful because it had been pretty much abused on display. It really put me off the material in general because of how awful it ends up after use and I fell out of love with that kind of leather, even when I finally tracked down a perfect one. Just sell it and move on. Get something you are really in love with. It sound like I'm talking about a man - lol!!

Its the flap, i think. I am so used to "dropping" things in my bag and now I must open the flap, which is so lightweight compared to the durable feeling of the rest of the bag. But I do intend to hold on to her and see if fall brings more attachment.....I love the color, the finish, the leaves, its just the flap....
I look at pics of all of yours and the flaps just "look" more substantial...
I know it sounds crazy....

Its the flap, i think. I am so used to "dropping" things in my bag and now I must open the flap, which is so lightweight compared to the durable feeling of the rest of the bag. But I do intend to hold on to her and see if fall brings more attachment.....I love the color, the finish, the leaves, its just the flap....

I used to own several RM bags, too, and it definitely took a while for me to adjust to the weight of the leather and crazy closures on my first Mulberry, although mine was a Roxanne. The openings of the MAB and Nikki seemed like cavernous holes in comparison (which definitely isn't a bad thing), but I was eventually able to master the straps and flaps and now only panic a little when I have to get things out in a hurry. ;)

Good luck with bonding-- in the meantime, would taking photos for us to admire help the process? :biggrin:

Try to stick the flap backwards ;). I always use my Bays that way. Don´t know it is a bad idea with the lovely ivy leafs but anyway, this was what made me starting to use, and love my Bays. Sorry if anyone think this is Baysabuse!

Took some quick pics just to show.

Good luck!

Attachments

• P8081027.JPG
    P8081027.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 63
  • P8081028.JPG
    P8081028.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 59
  • P8081029.JPG
    P8081029.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 60