i feel kinda ripped off...

missangeluh

Jan 10, 2009
i recently purchased a chanel wallet from neiman marcus store. i was charged $760. i received an email from an SA from bloomingdales that tells me that it is $740. i was wondering does neiman marcus charge more than bloomingdales for chanel? i know the wallet never goes on sale because it is a classic. so what's up with the the different prices?

I would too! The prices should all be the same. Don't be upset. Call NM and tell them your concern. It may be a slightly different wallet, diff season, Bloomies SA may have quoted a price off the top of her head and been wrong??? Did you verify it's the EXACT wallet and price with the Bloomies SA to make sure she was not quoting wrong price????

I would call to confirm that it is the exact same wallet. I had SAs quote me different prices for wallets that sounds similar until I confirm it with the correct product code.

I would too! The prices should all be the same. Don't be upset. Call NM and tell them your concern. It may be a slightly different wallet, diff season, Bloomies SA may have quoted a price off the top of her head and been wrong??? Did you verify it's the EXACT wallet and price with the Bloomies SA to make sure she was not quoting wrong price????

i sent him the picture of the wallet and i included a picture of a box that included the serial number.

It's possible Bloomingdales found one in the back or had a return from before a price increase. All the prices should be the same.

ITA...since it happen at my location before where there have the same style for bubble quilt bag...when 1 is a lot lesser than the other...and my SA told me it's due to one is before price increase when the other is after!!! So I would return the NM one and get the other!!

Before you start returning anything I would consider any sort of relationship you have or are trying to create with the SA at Neimans. Ruining that is not worth $20 and honestly there are many times I would gladly spend $20 more to buy something at Neimans since it's the one place I've never had a problem getting repairs or service!

I would definitely check and make sure that the wallets are the same style code and the employee has quoted the right price. I have seen this price discrepancy happen before though just in working at Saks. A client of mine had seen the wallet at the Chanel boutique and the one that we had was the same exact wallet but the price was $5 less. Sometimes you never know. If it is the same wallet I would talk to your SA at NM and see if they will price match it. When its a small amount like that its usually not a problem. Good luck! :smile:

Before you start returning anything I would consider any sort of relationship you have or are trying to create with the SA at Neimans. Ruining that is not worth $20 and honestly there are many times I would gladly spend $20 more to buy something at Neimans since it's the one place I've never had a problem getting repairs or service!

*ding ding* (for me anyways)

I totally agree with this very wise and sensible response!