I feel dumb - but at least i tried??

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi TB fans,

So I purchased a pre-loved TB Amanda slouchy satchel, but it was in the color bleach. I only own one other white bag because I'm not very good about keeping things clean, but it was a good deal and I liked the bag.

Soooo - it arrived and was pretty dirty. I tried to clean with all sorts of different stuff and I ended up making it worse. I did a test spot in the back without any issues but of course when I did the front where is mattered, it made a mess!

So, I kept scrubbing and kept making it worse lol. Thank gosh I didn't pay a ton for this. I came up with a way to cover it up, but really the whole bag was pretty messy to begin with.

Here are the pics:

The progression : before I started - as I was working - the sad state when I didn't stop trying - when I covered it up

What do you think? Just leave it uncovered or cover with the Gucci scarf?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Attachments

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
pavilion said:
I don't think it looks bad uncovered. I would leave it uncovered. Such a pretty bag!
Thank you so much pavilion! I really appreciate your feedback :smile:

mssmelanie

O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
NJ
It's gorgeous! I love the white and gold trim and would use it without the scarf. I see the marks but I think it still looks great!

harlem_cutie

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
NYC
bag looks fine w/o the scarf. The bag is still pretty. Looks like I bet if you take it to a shoe repair place they can redye the leather or touch it up.

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
i don't thik it looks bad ...just looks like a white bag! not super dirty or gross IMO.

i like it better without the scarf :smile:

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
mssmelanie said:
It's gorgeous! I love the white and gold trim and would use it without the scarf. I see the marks but I think it still looks great!
Thanks so much for the confidence booster!

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
harlem_cutie said:
bag looks fine w/o the scarf. The bag is still pretty. Looks like I bet if you take it to a shoe repair place they can redye the leather or touch it up.
Hi Harlem cutie!

That's actually what I was thinking. Hubby stole my car for the day but I think I will try tomorrow and see what they say.

Thank you!!
Amanda

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
MJDaisy said:
i don't thik it looks bad ...just looks like a white bag! not super dirty or gross IMO.

i like it better without the scarf :smile:
Lol thanks! It just definitely looked better before I started my "handy" work. I wish I would stop trying to fix things myself hah...thank you so much for the post!!

ddivine27

Feb 12, 2013
Hi TB fans,

So I purchased a pre-loved TB Amanda slouchy satchel, but it was in the color bleach. I only own one other white bag because I'm not very good about keeping things clean, but it was a good deal and I liked the bag.

Soooo - it arrived and was pretty dirty. I tried to clean with all sorts of different stuff and I ended up making it worse. I did a test spot in the back without any issues but of course when I did the front where is mattered, it made a mess!

So, I kept scrubbing and kept making it worse lol. Thank gosh I didn't pay a ton for this. I came up with a way to cover it up, but really the whole bag was pretty messy to begin with.

Here are the pics:

The progression : before I started - as I was working - the sad state when I didn't stop trying - when I covered it up

What do you think? Just leave it uncovered or cover with the Gucci scarf?

Thanks for your thoughts!!
I wouldn't cover it. Its a beautiful bag!

talarose

Dec 14, 2012
Doesn't look bad at all! I mean obviously it will look different in person but you have to feel comfortable with it.