I emailed Coach about their leather products....

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
and the response was very quick -- like within a couple of hours. I quoted a source I had read that said silicone can break down the leather. They replied that the leathers that they indicate you should use the product on have a tendency to dry out and so it's ok that silicone is in their leather products. They also made sure to say to check what your care card says before using.
Anyway, I then ordered the Apple set online from Leatherstuff and got the 20% off. Had to email their customer service to get it, but no prob. And then paid with Paypal -- LOVE that.

Just fyi on this beautiful Friday in Missouri! The sun is FINALLY shining. :yahoo:

Good info! I haven't used Apple products yet, I have bunches of Lexol conditioner...but I am going to get Apple when that runs out!

Lexol is also very good, as is Zymol. A lot of people with leather car seats use these brands, although, Zymol is kind of hard to find. I don't think they contain silicones either, at least I know Lexol does not.

Lexol is also very good, as is Zymol. A lot of people with leather car seats use these brands, although, Zymol is kind of hard to find. I don't think they contain silicones either, at least I know Lexol does not.

I use Zymol on my seats. I never thought of using it on my bags though. I should check the content. Thanks :tup:

All I can recommend . . . is to search the internet, for leather care, leather and silicone, lether and urethane. Lether manufacturing like all businesses do their research and development for better processing/tanning techniques/methods.

Urethanes are now more pliable and breatheable, perhaps that is the case for leather silicones.

Most water/stain protectants have a petroleum base . . . research that one!!!!