I dont want to start a riot but...

TRAVIS2006

Rest in Peace Anna.
May 9, 2006
What is everyones opinions on Gay Marriage?

My own; I believe that as long as they truely love eachother, let them marry!! How would you feel if you loved someone, but the law forbade you to marry them? :sad:

totally agree with both of you... I have no problems with it and think that it is hard enough to find true love, so if you find it, them be with whomever it is you love!!

Talking about the Church and gay marriage is completely different- because it is the Church...

I have no problem with it, and have been to a couple of gay weddings. Then again, I have grown up with gay people my entire life: all of my mom's friends were gay men, my aunt was a lesbian, and I live in San Francisco. I am sure that there are people who have NEVER met anyone who was (openly) gay, and who freak out at the prospect of two men or two women being in love enough to marry.

and as margaret cho and other gay activists put it: "If we (GLBT) can't get married... YOU (heteros) can't get married!! We'll just shut down the entire wedding industry... florists, manicurists, pedicurists, wedding planners, formal/evening wear, diamond salons, make up & hair salons, etc etc... we'd all shut down!! Go ahead.. try to do your own makeup and make your own centerpieces!"

haha. loves it.

love has no boundaries.

everyone should have the change to love whomever they choose and in whatever way they choose to express that (marriage), is fine with me and i support that. if nothing else, i'm all for civil unions- since it's doubtful the gay marriage thing will ever really get approved.

this issue is actually one of the reasons i am struggling with religion- what i believe and i what i am supposed to believe are entirely opposite.

I am for gay marrirage, but it has nothing to do with love. Love doesn't need marriage, but having the same status as hetero couples is about equal standing in legal situations, not love.
If you look back, a lot of the gay marriages performed in legalized areas have ended in separation. So love, bleh (same as hetero...they can break up). But they deserve the same rights anyway.

i have no problem with it, because regardless of whatever religious beliefs i may or may not have, marriage is not just a religious institution in our society - there are legal rights that it is essential for two people in a committed relationship to be able to exercise if they wish to live together, adopt children, have joint bank accounts, health insurance, etc.

absolutely churches have the right to decide which marriages they officiate and recognize, but we can't let them decide who is and is not delegated legal rights. if two consenting adults of legal age want to be married and commit their lives to each other, it is not the law's place to say that they cannot.

I support it wholeheartedly. One of my Mom's cousins has been with his partner for over 20 years and they have 3 adopted kids (they had a committment ceremony many years ago). And, one of my brothers has been with his partner for about 2 years now. Knowing that love is love and that we need more love in this world makes me celebrate what these couples have found in their committed relationships.

lol!!!! I love Margaret Cho!

Hmm... well as a raging homosexual... I am for it.

I completely agree with Megs on the whole "talking about church and gay marriage is a completely different thing".

I'm happy to say that gay marriages are legal were I live, as they should be. However there are restrictions when it comes to the curch and I'm not sure I agree with that as we don't have separation of church and state here. But that is another discussion.