I don't usually buy "costume" . . . help!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I need a very long necklace or group of necklaces for a special occasion. I wouldn't normally wear a lot of long necklaces so I had to "invest" in fine jewelry for it.
I'll be wearing a black dress - not formal, more of a cocktail dress and the top really need some flair.
I LOVE Chanel's opera length pearls, but I also hate to spend nearly $1,000 on costume :-s

Anyone know of quality costume?

I would also check the cased jewelry at Anthro. When I worked for one of the stores in Chicago, we had amazing costume/semi precious locked away in the cases.

Barney's Co-Op is good for costume. I also really like Alexis Bittar's pieces and while it is not that "Chanel" look, I think his pieces would pop against a LBD. I also really like Burberry Prorsum's costume... Wicked cool and I know you can get a cool necklace (even marked down) for less that $1k.

ah, none of the Dallas stores have cases of jewelry :sad: I thought of them first.
I just looked at Piperlime and they have some cool pieces.
Wonder if I should look at House of Harlow{?}

Thanks y'all, will look up all the ones you listed.

^^I looked at her site too, would love to give her my business . . . I have NO knowledge of pearls though. That seems so inexpensive, like there should be something wrong w/ it!{?} LOL!

otteny.com and calypso-celle.com both have some nice necklaces.

I forgot about Calypso! My BF got me the coolest sterling silver long necklace from there. It's by K. Moori... I think?

You can't imagine my surprise when I saw the Calypso-Celle box... I was like, how have you heard of this place? He was trying to find more pieces by one of my favorite designers (though her pieces are too casual for what you are going for).

Have you looked at Kenneth Jay Lane? His pieces are pretty fun. There's also some jewelry boutique in NYC that has a webstore called Citrine. I stumbled upon it trying to find more pieces by Jamie Wolf (though her stuff is $$$$). They have a ton of designers on their site.