I don't understand some sellers

I always respond. Even if it's a redic. low ball offer.
I want to say "are you freaking crazy to offer me xx amount for this??" But I normally just decline with no comment.

I feel the same way. I hate it when I'm selling a LV handbag for $1,400 and I get an offer for $200. I just decline their offer with no comment also.

As a seller, I always respond to offer in timely manner no matter how low they are.
As a buyer, I made a terrible mistake once. I submitted an offer had no response until very close to be expired. I'd thought my offer wasn't high enough and purchased other bag in the same style. Then I received a message saying the seller accepted the offer! :faint:
I ended up purchasing two bags. Luckily they were in different colors at least.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. I better be careful that I don't bid on two of the same items also.

I hate it when sellers of high priced items don't respond to questions, especially when they have in bold, "Please ask all questions before bidding." It doesn't take that long to snap an extra picture or answer a quick question. If you want people to fork over $1,000+, you should be willing to deal with a few questions.

I agree. That's how I feel about one of the sellers. She only sells high end items, but will not take the time to respond. If she would look at my buying and selling pattern she will see that I buy many of the high end items she is selling and she lost me as a potential buyer.

That's just downright rude. But perhaps some of them get tons of offers and therefore can't be bothered.

Here's another one:

I was eyeing a pair of shoes and seller only had included 1 photo, of which, 60% was the box. I asked for measurements, photos and all I got was a "Thanks :smile:"...

That's just downright rude. But perhaps some of them get tons of offers and therefore can't be bothered.

Here's another one:

I was eyeing a pair of shoes and seller only had included 1 photo, of which, 60% was the box. I asked for measurements, photos and all I got was a "Thanks :smile:"...

Yes, I agree with you about many sellers get so many offers that they don't have time to respond. One of the sellers had a designer dress listed for over 25 days and there was not one offer, except from me. And she still did not respond. I cannot believe the seller of the shoes you were watching only responded with a "Thanks." I'm glad you did not buy the shoes, because they were probably fakes or in bad shape and the seller had something to hide.

I completely agree!! It doesn't take that long at all. 5 min max to write reply or take a pic, upload it and post it. I always write that in bold "Please feel free to ask any questions BEFORE bidding" and I frickin mean it. At the very least, seller should check their emails once a day. I do it frequently because I'm on my laptop a lot anyway, but in the age of iphones with ebay apps, and 3G networks, and blackberries, it's not that hard at all to check emails throughout the day.

I say the same thing in my auctions. The last thing I want is a buyer to bid on one of my handbags and then ask if it's authentic after she has paid or I have shipped the handbag. I travel all the time for my job and when I'm selling anything on ebay I always check my messages at least four times a day.

I try to always respond to best offers, whether they are too ridiculously low or not, but sometimes I forget (get busy with the kids, life, etc.) and the offer expires. My not responding to best offers is very rare, though, but what I'm finding lately is that if I send a counter offer to bidders, buyers aren't responding at all. They just let them expire. So, the "etiquette" of providing a response should really go both ways.

I try to always respond to best offers, whether they are too ridiculously low or not, but sometimes I forget (get busy with the kids, life, etc.) and the offer expires. My not responding to best offers is very rare, though, but what I'm finding lately is that if I send a counter offer to bidders, buyers aren't responding at all. They just let them expire. So, the "etiquette" of providing a response should really go both ways.

As a seller I always respond to questions /offers (no matter how utterly ridiculous they are!!!) I agree with responding going both ways..Alot of buyers don't respond to counters! Funny thing is that I always respond but about month ago I was out of town with family emergency and didn't respond to an offer - that person wound up buying it anyway for the full list price! Thought it was funny since most people who ask ?'s (on ebay) don't bid or buy - just like to ask alot of ?'s! and I responded to them...The one I didn't answer is the one who bought??!! Go figure!