I don't trust sellers

Jan 20, 2008
On Oct 29th I purchased some hangers from a seller with Best Offer. She was asking $9.99, I offered $3.00 and she accepted. This morning I get an email from the seller stating that she refunded me because she "accidentally" broke one of the pieces while packing them for shipment. I should have had the hangers by now I think.

I guess my question is...would you believe that she really broke the hangers or is she regretting selling them for so little and once I say ok no problem I will see those hangers right back up. Would you report her for NPS or just take the refund and leave PFB??

Here is her email:

HI,
You purchased the wonder hangers from me and as I was packaging them..I broke
one of the pieces...so sorry!
I was just emailing to let you know not to expect the item in the mail anymore
& that I am going to issue a full refund for this item!
I'm so sorry about that!
I am going to leave you positive feedback anyway instead of cancel the transaction
& I would love if you would do the same for me (with 5 stars on the detailed
seller ratings=) )
let me know if you have a problem with this!
again, I apologize & appreciate your kindness!
Sincerely,
A******

I would not report her (what if the story she said was true?). I would accept the refund but wouldn't leave feedback. Don't neg her, that wouldn't be fair. I also think it would be wrong to leave her positive feedback for a transaction that wasn't a positive experience. KWIM? :biggrin:

thank you. I wanted to just take the refund and forget about it but I didn't know if I should report her. I don't think she deserves positive feedback and she def. doesn't deserve 5 star ratings, as she asked for (why i don't know????) I guess these days I should just be happy I got a refund at all...lol

Exactly!!!! I would just let her know you will accept the refund and let her know you don't feel it is fair to leave positive feedback, but you won't neg her. Nah, I break hangers all the time so her story could be true. For a more expensive item, I might consider it but in this case I would just gladly accept the refund. Sorry this happened. I have heard sellers make up ALL kinds of excuses lately!!!! At least this one is sort of believable!!

It's probably true but I think it's pretty nervy to ask for a 5 star positive rating when you never got your item! I think only sellers that actually deliver the items you've won/paid for should get five star ratings, IMHO.

Linda

If she sends you replacement hangers for free then leave her 5 star ratings, otherwise NONE for her. What a nerve she has asking for 5 star ratings when nothing has been sent or done.

I would not report her (what if the story she said was true?). I would accept the refund but wouldn't leave feedback. Don't neg her, that wouldn't be fair. I also think it would be wrong to leave her positive feedback for a transaction that wasn't a positive experience. KWIM? :biggrin:

I would move along and take my money back. But what I really love is your picture. Where did you find it???

I dont think I would neg her, but what did her shipping time say? Seems like it took her a long time to ship. I dont think I would have given her 5 stars for shipping when it took her 8 days to start packing up the item even if you got it.

I can't think of a reason why would someone lie about a $3 set of hangers, so reporting her for whatever wouldn't even cross my mind.

She could have sent a broken hanger to the OP and, when OP discovered it, claim it broke in transit, not her fault, blah, blah. So she gets brownie points for that. However, she had to go on and ruin it by asking for Pos feedback and a 5-star rating. Jeez...:nogood:

I think it sucks when people rob others of an opportunity to do something nice by requesting or demanding we do it. Had she not done that, I would've considered giving her a POS for not sending me a broken hanger.

Anyway, I think she should cancel the transaction kuz there was no transaction, but she's choosing not to hoping to get a feedback rating out of it. I would take the refund and leave no feedback.

^Agreed. Seller should just cancel the transaction. It seems like she's just asking for better seller performance and positive FB. I'd take the refund and leave no feedback and ignore the seller.