I don't really know what's going on!

Maja80

window shopping :-)
Sep 13, 2007
I sold a bag a week ago today and it was going to MD. I shipped it USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance. According to Paypal, the bag arrived in MD on Friday. And since then, it has been sitting at the post office. Also on Friday, before I realized the bag had reached her town, the buyer emailed me saying she had called her post office and they said I hadn't shipped the bag yet, they had no record of it and I had only insured it for $5!!! I was shocked! I told her I shipped it 3 days earlier, had the full amount of insurance on the package and that I had just checked Paypal and it had already arrived at the post office. So what i'm worried about is why haven't they delivered it yet? It's been there since Friday! And why would they tell her they hadn't received it yet? I called her post office today and gave them all the info and the guy said they would get back to me but I don't know what to do. Has this happened to anyone else? I also emailed the buyer back today and suggested she go to the post office and see if she can just pick it up. I'm just afraid this is going to come back at me somehow and I will lose out on the money. :s

they dont have info about it and know that you only insured for 5.00? how talent....
keep calling them and see where ur package at.
you should contact the PO that the package at (will say in the tracking)...to make sure it is there then see if they are at the right PO that her mail should be there, KWIM
hth

I call shenanigans on this one. I thought the minimum you could insure for was $50, and besides, how can the be able to see all that but not figure out where the package is?!?

I called the USPS customer service number this morning and they said it is at the post office but they can't tell me why it hasn't been delivered and if it's not delivered after 21 days after the day I shipped it, then I can file the claim for insurance. Then I called the post office again where it's at and the woman put me on hold for 20 minutes and never came back! I don't know what their problem is over there. I don't think it's the buyer because she seems as worried about it as I am and she said she called twice this morning and they told her she'd have to call back both times. I just emailed her and told her she needs to go in there because obviously they can't help over the phone.

Well at least they can track it to the PO, but what the heck! I would be super mad if I was waiting for a package and it was sitting at my local PO without them telling me why! I guess all you can do is wait, but my gosh USPS!

^That's a good idea. I had my fiance call earlier and he actually talked to someone. She said she couldn't find anything in their system with that number or address! WTH!! So she said she would hand it over to a case worker and they would call us back. So far nothing back and everytime my fiance has tried to call back since, he's gotten a busy signal! So if I don't hear from them today, I will definately go to my post office tomorrow. I'm also hoping the buyer goes in there today and talks to them. How could they have nothing on it if it says on the tracking that it's there! Makes absolutely no sense to me!

I was on the recieving end of a package that had something similiar happen to it. I ordered a pair of shoes once and I was tracking the package and it had been progressing along just fine then it was scanned in columbus OH and for a couple days the tracking didnt update but I thought it was a delay in updating the tracking info and kept expecting it to arrive since thats only a state away from me. 4 days went by and nothing so I called the retailer and the customer service rep put me on hold and called the columbus post office to inquire about it. They told her that it had arrived but had since been "misplaced". So the service rep told me to give it a couple more days and call back if it didnt arrive.

2 days, never arrived and never updated. Called the retailer back and told them, they called the post office again and was told the same thing, it was in their facility but had been misplaced during sorting. After another 4 days of this the retailer just issued me a credit for the shoes. I never did get my shoes and I kept checking the tracking on the package for some time after that and it never did leave the columbus post office. So I dont know if they just lost it, stole it, or if somehow the labels got destroyed when they were sorting and it just ended up as dead mail.

If your customer goes down to the post office and they tell her they cant find it or something you may want to give her a description of the box and its approximate weight that way if the shipping label has somehow been damaged or lost they might be able to identify it that way.

^Wow! That's so weird. I thought about maybe the label got ripped off or something so I do remember a trait of the box that they might be able to find if I mentioned it. My fiance just talk to the woman at the post office again and she said she would search around and look for it and call my back by 6pm so we'll see what happens!