I don't own a single bracelet... yet. Wwyd?

UpUpnAway

Oct 20, 2014
i am not much of a jewelry person but I do wear the jewelry I own a lot. This is my entire jewelry collection:

-pair of pearl earrings
-pair of diamond studs
-1 diamond pendant necklace
-1 movado watch that looks like a bracelet

That's it! It's the same jewelry I've been wearing for ten years.

I want to add a Cartier love bracelet. Should I get the plain or the one with four diamonds? I would get the yellow gold. I plan to wear it daily and not take it off unless I have to.

My style is very simple and neutral.

I wonder if the diamonds would be too flashy. Dh thinks the plain is too plain. On the other hand, the plain is classic. I do not plan on stacking the bracelet at all. It would be worn alone or with my movado watch only.

Decisions, decisions!

I don't think the diamonds are too flashy. However, as I am reading your post it sounds like you wanted the plain more and that hubby likes the diamonds better. If that is the case then get the plain. He isn't wearing it.

I would go with diamonds since you won't be stacking it! It'll add a little something extra without being "too much" or in your face :smile: The plain bracelet is beautiful but I prefer it stacked

i am not much of a jewelry person but I do wear the jewelry I own a lot. This is my entire jewelry collection:

-pair of pearl earrings
-pair of diamond studs
-1 diamond pendant necklace
-1 movado watch that looks like a bracelet

That's it! It's the same jewelry I've been wearing for ten years.

I want to add a Cartier love bracelet. Should I get the plain or the one with four diamonds? I would get the yellow gold. I plan to wear it daily and not take it off unless I have to.

My style is very simple and neutral.

I wonder if the diamonds would be too flashy. Dh thinks the plain is too plain. On the other hand, the plain is classic. I do not plan on stacking the bracelet at all. It would be worn alone or with my movado watch only.

Decisions, decisions!

I think the four diamond is not flashy although I don't own a Love bracelet. If you are not much of a jewellery person, perhaps consider a nice watch. I always feel, better bang for the buck with the watch as it serves a purpose, just my two cents. What ever you choose, you have to love it.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
I don't think the four diamond bracelet is flashy, but I would personally go for the plain Love for a couple of reasons 1) I'd rather use the money on a separate bracelet for more stacking options and 2) when the bracelet gets a patina, the gold will be contrasting against the still shiny diamonds, so although I like looking at a brand new sparkly diamond Love, I prefer the way the plain & rainbow bracelets look after they've been scuffed up a bit.

Reactions: liliBuo
I don't think the four diamond bracelet is flashy, but I would personally go for the plain Love for a couple of reasons 1) I'd rather use the money on a separate bracelet for more stacking options and 2) when the bracelet gets a patina, the gold will be contrasting against the still shiny diamonds, so although I like looking at a brand new sparkly diamond Love, I prefer the way the plain & rainbow bracelets look after they've been scuffed up a bit.

I agree completely

Thanks, everyone! I think I am leaning towards a plain gold band right now. I am all for loooooow maintenance. Also, have you ever heard of diamonds falling out of a love bracelet? I had a small stone fall out of my wedding band once. And then I had to have my engagement ring reset after a few years bc of a broken prong and the diamond was loose! So I'm a little paranoid about diamonds falling out...