I don't LOVE my new Desert Hailey... Do I return or wait?

jessesgirl19

May 14, 2009
I was so excited to pull my new Desert Hailey out of the box, and then was slightly disappointed once I started playing with her. I LOVE the Desert color, and I think the Hailey will be great for me for certain situations, I just think I would like it better in black, dove or a brown. I was so excited, and now I feel a bit let down... This usually doesn't happen to me! Should I sleep on it and give her some more time to grow on me? Or exchange her for something else in Desert? Is Lindsey the only other bag that comes in that color?

Edited to add: If I do return Hailey, will they still give me the 25% on a new bag? Or should I wait until next PCE?

I was so excited to pull my new Desert Hailey out of the box, and then was slightly disappointed once I started playing with her. I LOVE the Desert color, and I think the Hailey will be great for me for certain situations, I just think I would like it better in black, dove or a brown. I was so excited, and now I feel a bit let down... This usually doesn't happen to me! Should I sleep on it and give her some more time to grow on me? Or exchange her for something else in Desert? Is Lindsey the only other bag that comes in that color?

I've had that feeling before, sorry you don't love her. I just got my Desert Hailey today, but I have several other Haileys so I'm happy with her. Maybe you could get the old style Hailey in Walnut, someone posted today it was available from Macys I think and should be on sale. I know there is a Lindsey and Maggie in Desert. I would sleep on it and look at some other bags before deciding for sure. GL!

toby11 said:
I've had that feeling before, sorry you don't love her. I just got my Desert Hailey today, but I have several other Haileys so I'm happy with her. Maybe you could get the old style Hailey in Walnut, someone posted today it was available from Macys I think and should be on sale. I know there is a Lindsey and Maggie in Desert. I would sleep on it and look ar some other bags before deciding for sure. GL!

Thanks. I do love them them separately (the color and the bag) just not together. Not that the desert doesn't look good on the Hailey, it looks great, I just think for what I want the bag for, it isn't versatile enough of a color for me.

So I packed up the bag, and realized Hailey is a deceptive little girl! She actually holds all of my stuff! It's quite a tight fit, but oddly doesn't look bad once zipped up. I thought maybe I was changing my mind... Then noticed an imperfection in the leather! You can't see it really well in the pic, but it is totally standing out to me now that I know it's there. :sad:

image-2480705632.png

Edited to add: If I do return Hailey, will they still give me the 25% on a new bag? Or should I wait until next PCE?
They should give you 25% on a new bag. My store does for me.

Sorry you don't love it. I think you need to exchange it for something you love or you will probably regret it down the road. You should be able to get the discount on a new bag. I've had to return a bag after PCE before and they extended the discount to the new bag I picked out.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely returning it, probably for the desert Lindsey. The whole order wasn't a total bust... My black leather Lindsey and Poppy Anthracite zippy wallet saved it for me! Love them both!

Absolutely exchange her. I just got a patent orchid Lindsey and wasn't loving her as much as I thought I would. There was something about it in person that wasn't as spectacular as the picture or as the Sophia in orchid that I had seen. I realized that there was an imperfection on her and once I saw that I knew she had to go back. The Sophia that I saw was perfect and that's how I pictured my Lindsey would arrive. I have exchanged her for another Lindsey, so I'm hoping she'll be in better shape. I have to say though, once I returned her I was very upset to be without her, so I think that means it was just the imperfection that was bothering me. Try again! If you still don't love it then definitely get one that does.

Definitely return her for the defect, and ask if they will give you the 25% off for a different bag ... they should in the circumstances. If not, there should be a new PCE for Valentine's Day so you wouldn't have to wait long.

Yes, return the defective bag, no questions asked! I have done this before, purchased a bag using my PCE and changed my mind after PCE was over and the SA said yes I could use my PCE for something else but only on this day. So, on that note, are you bringing home Desert Lindsey?
:drool::drool::drool:

The Hailey style does not work for me as I prefer more structure but she is "deceptively" larger than she looks. She really changes shape when loaded to look more like a medium hobo than a small bag depicted on the website. I love the Desert color but if you don't think it will work with your wardrobe by all means exchange it. Unless you have money to burn no point in keeping a bag you would rarely carry :smile: I would anyway for the defect.

I have the black Hailey, and I love it, but I did not LOVE it cause I really wanted the red one. But now that I have it, I LOVE it cause I really wanted a nice basic black modern bag, the two black ones I have are vintage.

I will share that my favorite bag now is my purple Hailey and at the time she was not my first choice...sometimes they just need time to grow on us. But if you really do not feel good about it, then I say return it, if anything exchange it for a new one cause of the dent.

I totally agree with this thread. I got my desert Hailey the 26th & have packed her up and taken her back out of the box multiple times hoping for the thrill I've had with other bags. But I just am not totally in love. I LOVE Hailey, I think it's just the color I am not overly thrilled about. I was in love after seeing a few reveals and then got mine and just didn't feel that feeling. I think I am used to a more flashy/shiny bag (being that I have the hailey in the metallic silver) and this one isn't quite doing it for me. Also, upon looking at her closer I did notice a tiny scratch in the leather. I will be returning her and either saving the credit or possibly exchanging for a new Hailey of a different color.