I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a REAL hard time ....

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
... typing.

I could never pass a typing test. I have to proof every word and I correct almost as many as not. I don't know if it's just a bad case of Fat Finger Syndrome or if something else is going on. I've never typed properly using specified finger placement. I've always just hunted and pecked, but I don't remember such a high error rate.

My fingers get confused and I seem to always make a lot of the same mistakes even when consciously trying not to. Some are spelling errors I have to look up to correct. Others are simple typos.

Oh well.

Not like I'm doing a dissertation here.

There are sites online that will help you learn to type (for free). Aside from that, I use FF browser which has a built in spell check. That catches most spelling errors.

Oh yeah, I use spellcheckers. That's how I catch most of them. But they don't pick up context errors like red/read. And they don't always pick up non-words like te4h instead of the.

If you have been tired or otherwise stressed, it can drastically increase your error rate, especially if you are not an experienced enough typer to go on auto-pilot. There are some nights I just don't even bother posting because I spend more time correcting than typing (and I DO know how to type!).