I don't get it.......

Ernest once said today's youth takes for granted what being an American means. They don't realize that we have to earn being an American everyday. Ernest had art and talent to offer.good man.

Today, we do take for granted alot of what we are offered. All these little electronic devices allow us to escape whatever we don't want to and avoid facing any kind of unpleasantness.

I'm sure you're right about the younger members and ernest borgnine
Still doesn't explain the fascination with the Kardashians.
There is no discernable talent except for marketing. Maybe Kim is validating girls with full figures? The idea that our society has come to a place where someone like her is paid six figures to show up at a party is sickening to me.

I don't either but this is a pretty young forum. I'm guessing more than half the members don't even know who he is.
:shrugs:

I'm gonna be honest...I saw this on the news....and I had not seen any of the flicks he is famous for. There are old stars that die and I know who they are. But I do not know him.

Why must others be sad because you're grieved. I am not trying to be dismissive but this man was not a poet laureaute or a civil rights leader or someone who changed the world. I am not diminishing his death but you're acting as if not knowing who he is shows a lack of culture or appreciation of world events. It does not.

Echoes said:
The Hollywood greats pass and nobody notices.

A Kartrashian breaks a nail and 1,000 posts appear almost instantly.

I see what you're saying, but when they're gone what else is there to say...besides "RIP"?

I'm gonna be honest...I saw this on the news....and I had not seen any of the flicks he is famous for. There are old stars that die and I know who they are. But I do not know him.

Why must others be sad because you're grieved. I am not trying to be dismissive but this man was not a poet laureaute or a civil rights leader or someone who changed the world. I am not diminishing his death but you're acting as if not knowing who he is shows a lack of culture or appreciation of world events. It does not.

Agree. Also, no disrespect to him or his family, but he lived a long life.

that's understandable.....what about the half of the question? what is so interesting about the K girls? why are they "earning" so much $?

I agree as well. I'm of an age where I know who he was but I don't expect everyone to grieve or know his movies. Plus, IMO he lived a long full life. 95 is fantastic and long life.

Well, many people on this board have no idea who some of these hollywood icons are. I mean, Ernest Borgnine was 95. I have no clue who he was. Infact, i just looked him up on wiki, and he won an oscar in 1955, that's even before my MOM was born. It's not that i didn't notice, i just don't really know him. :shrugs:

It's also when people die at an old age of natural causes, it's not really 'gossip worthy.' This is a forum which is meant to exchange gossip, etc. It doesn't mean people care less, it's just, what is there for people to talk about? All you can really say is RIP, KWIM? Death is always sad but in the media, certain news stories attract more attention than others.