I dont fit into the gucci new jordaan velvet loafers!?!

Animalove

Jan 19, 2014
Hi all

I so love the velvet gucci loafers and I tried them in my usual size a 38/8 and they didn't fit. My foot was too wide to go in. I am carrying quite a bit of excess baby weight right now (like 35 pounds) so I think my foot is wider than my normal. But still! I kind of got inexplicably depressed right there at the store and asked for a 38.5 and bought that and took it home (that also didnt fit but I guess I was thinking at some point it would, I don't know what I was thinking). That was over a month ago. So I'm probably past the return/exchange date too! Am I crazy or what? Has anyone else had problems fitting into these shoes???

I know what you mean, the Jordaan is a narrow fit best suited to narrow to medium width feet. In the textile fabrics like jacquard and velvet they don't have much if any give. The leather Jordaans are a little better.
I'd try to return the velvet pair for exchange or credit :smile:

This ^

Material will never give like leather. If they don't fit now they never will.

I have wide feet and have this issue with a lot of shoes.
I purchased a shoe stretcher on Amazon for $30 CAD and heat up new shoes with a hair dryer before stretching them. Process takes about a week of heating, stretching, heating, stretching further. They end up stretched out perfectly to fit.

I don’t think that a shoe stretcher will help in this case. If they were leather sure but velvet no. Fabric shoes don’t have the same give/break in as leather shoes. ITA with the other poster if they don’t fit now they never will. As someone who has lost a lot of weight yes your feet do get smaller with weight loss shoes that were once too tight now are roomy. However I don’t buy shoes that don’t fit.