I don't even HAVE my LV yet, and already I'm getting bashed

I also stick to TPF. Even my roommates don't know quite how expensive LVs or Balenciagas are. Once a friend of mine said something like, "You know you could have sent that money to a charity or to people in need in other countries." She did guilt-trip me and I felt pretty bad about that. Now I hardly tell anyone when I'm getting a new bag.

Don't let those girls get to you. LVs are beautiful, sought-after bags that are always in style! Get what will make you most happy!

I think it's better when people don't say anything. It's really up to you how you decide to spend your money.

Once a friend of mine said something like, "You know you could have sent that money to a charity or to people in need in other countries."

This is a very silly statement--because I can GUARANTEE you that your friend has bought plenty of things (shoes, clothes, lattes, whatever) that she could have foregone in order to give the money to charity--I'm pretty sure she doesn't live on bread and water and dress in rags so that she can give all her income to charity. So her pointing to your handbags as something that YOU should have not bought so that the money could have gone to charity is incredibly hypocritical. Additionally, there's no reason that you can't buy a nice bag AND give to charity--I do it, and I'm sure plenty of other people here do as well.

I think as MOWCAM said, when people on a fashion forum are dismissing someone else's fashion choices as frivolous, it's nothing but pure envy--they want what you have and they're mad they don't (can't) have it. Talking about "charity" and "self-love" is just a way to express jealousy without exposing their own pettiness. Brush those haters off . . . ;)

So true, I wrote before that this has also happened to me with my healthy obsession with makeup. Being told I'm "self centered" "Makeup is unnecessary" and a "waste or money"
It's mind boggling sometimes. I don't say anything to people when they go on trips, buy expensive clothes, etc. *sigh* haters man, haters

:wtf::weird::shocked:

I think I just had a minor heart attack at the possibility of someone telling me my makeup was unnecessary and a waste of money. I'm a pretty girl, but honey... I need my makeup. (And my Louis! :P)

This is a very silly statement--because I can GUARANTEE you that your friend has bought plenty of things (shoes, clothes, lattes, whatever) that she could have foregone in order to give the money to charity--I'm pretty sure she doesn't live on bread and water and dress in rags so that she can give all her income to charity. So her pointing to your handbags as something that YOU should have not bought so that the money could have gone to charity is incredibly hypocritical. Additionally, there's no reason that you can't buy a nice bag AND give to charity--I do it, and I'm sure plenty of other people here do as well.

I think as MOWCAM said, when people on a fashion forum are dismissing someone else's fashion choices as frivolous, it's nothing but pure envy--they want what you have and they're mad they don't (can't) have it. Talking about "charity" and "self-love" is just a way to express jealousy without exposing their own pettiness. Brush those haters off . . . ;)

thanks girl! I do think that if you can afford it, get what makes you happy & not what you think others will approve of. She hasn't stopped me from getting bags that I love. & I'm glad TPF is a place where tons of other girls with similar situations can show off their bags! I know I love seeing all kinds of beautiful bags on here!

The older I get, the more I realize that people suck, so I keep a very small group of friends. I am a stay at home mom busting my tail for my kids and husband to always be there for them and create a beautiful and happy home life. I get sh*t from other moms ALL of the time...staring at me, not talking to me at school functions, assuming I'm stuck up....all because I prefer to put myself together and wear designer things. I'm all about buying better quality/high end things that are timeless and will last a lifetime. But they can run out a buy 10 crappy bags at $50 a pop and think that's ok. Instead, I prefer to put my money (that I stash away and save up) to buy my LVs. I'm proud of my collection and honestly chalk the haters up to jealousy.

I've gotten a few slick comments from a military wife forum I post on. When I start threads or post about designers I like to purchase some of the ladies like to make comments about how they could never fanthom spending that much. And how they think designer things are ugly and overpriced. And some are just plain jealous. Also on base at Ft.Stewart there are jealous spouses because they see me with new coach bags and my small collection of LV and a lot of them have never even seen the outside of an LV store let alone made a purchase there. But you know what I could care less my husband is a soldier but I make double his salary so I'm damn sure going to treat myself. And as long as me and my husband are ok with what I buy that's all that matters.

You go girl!!!! :tup:

I put my bags on facebook. Worst mistake I have made in a long time. I am pround of them and wanted to show them off. However I got a whole bunch of rude comments from friends and family. I am a stay at home mom so people feel as though I shouldn't have designer items. Please.. my husband works, and I do have a small business (which I use for my fun money, bags etc--Bills paid, but I don't know why anyone else cares). Why people feel the need to get in my finances is beyond me.

I can imagine facebook would be a big mistake!! :nogood: I wouldn't dream of putting my bags on there! (It would just be a bit too "Look at me!" I think - or at least that's how other people who don't understand your handbag fetish would take it!!)

But they can run out a buy 10 crappy bags at $50 a pop and think that's ok. Instead, I prefer to put my money (that I stash away and save up) to buy my LVs. I'm proud of my collection and honestly chalk the haters up to jealousy.

We probably all know at least one person who buys crappy stuff ALL the time - and HEAPS of it - and they never stop to think how much money THEY spend on handbags, yet they are the ones who will critisise your LV purchase, without stopping to consider that you have actually not bought anything else for yourself in ages.

Where I live most people don't recognise my LVs - they might say "I like your bag" or something but they don't know what brand it is (I don't have any brown & gold monogram which is easily recognised) and that's fine with me. An old acquaintance who recently popped in to visit spotted my shiny new Bleu Nuit Alma PM and said to me "Your bag is nice, what brand is it?" - I just said "Oh yes, that's my new baby!" but didn't tell her the brand - I figure if she doesn't know then I won't tell her!
Sad that I need to keep it to myself just to avoid petty criticism!