I do not understand the appeal of Louboutin Sneakers

1647479723194.png
They became very desirable since they are immediately recognizable and tend to have interesting in your face designs. However, I feel like the style as a whole is no longer as popular as they once were.

They are an entirely separate entity from the red bottom heels and I feel like their customer base is quite different too.

1647479959311.png˚

I think back in the 2010s, they were extremely popular among young people.

You could say it was the sneaker sensation in luxury before luxury streetstyle and crazy sneaker designs became a thing in the designer/luxury world (think Balenciaga, LV, etc.)

Gucci and LV always had their famous leather tennis shoes, but those were a more clean and simple design.
When it came to CL, they were always a little more over-the-top, edgier, and flashier, which probably appealed to the younger crowd who had money to spend.

I used to tutor wealthy middle school and high school kids and literally that's all they wore + MCM backpacks, maybe a LV or Gucci track jacket or a Supreme hoodie. However, once they grew up, they let me know that it no longer appealed to them. Some of them got bored while others thought it was too much and their preferences became less flashy or logo heavy. Others have said they liked the look but they were uncomfortable and opted for something more wearable and comfortable.
It was definitely interesting to watch them grow up as I tutored them over the years and see their style and tastes change. :biggrin:

It’s purely a business decision.
sneakers were trending, so it means that there are rich people who also want to wear sneakers and they will not buy $200 pairs, but rather pay $800 or more. Louboutin filled a market demand.

Reactions: angelnyc89
I’m not a fan of heels and most people I know are not wearing heels now. I have a ton of sneakers from many brands (not louboutin). I think the shark sole is very cool. Some of the men’s styles are also pretty cool. Many of the styles are colorful and some unique. If I found the right pair I’d consider buying. At the same time, I’m unlikely to buy a pair of loub heels. To each his/her own.

I bought some last year the elastikid donna they are so uncomfortable i cant wear them.i like the basic white look but they give me blisters and the front hurt,i tried round the house but they arent comfy,i will stick to my gucci aces and sell these on ebay or somewhere at a loss

I tried to buy a pair of the platform espadrille sneakers and really need a size 35, which I cannot find. I want them to match my Louboutin tote, which I LOVE.

I am more likely to purchase an interesting pair of casual shoes I can wear all the time than Louboutin heels. They aren't comfortable and TBH, other designers make sexier/more interesting evening heels. Just a red bottom is not enough for me to suffer these days.

I used to purchase a LOT of CL heels, but in recent years, I have gravitated more towards the sneakers. Sneakers didn't appeal to me either, but somehow over the years they started to. The heel designs for me in the last few years have been tragic and just meh and blah designs for me, so I started going for CL sneakers. WAAAAY more comfy and manageable and my feet/ knees are enjoying this break from the height. lol

Reactions: Sol Ryan
Its not just Louboutin sneakers its white sneakers in general - even women on TV are wearing pretty dresses and skirts and white sneakers - I really hate that look. If you cant wear heels there are lots other dressy lower heels and flats available.

What do women think of guys wearing a suit and white sneakers?

Reactions: Ahardiva
Its not just Louboutin sneakers its white sneakers in general - even women on TV are wearing pretty dresses and skirts and white sneakers - I really hate that look. If you cant wear heels there are lots other dressy lower heels and flats available.

What do women think of guys wearing a suit and white sneakers?
Yes this is so true - I went to a 16th birthday party over the summer wearing a standard dress and heels and I looked so out of place compared to the younger people who all rocked up in dresses and white sneakers. My husband was so confused as to why people were wearing sneakers to a party 😅