I didn’t satisfy with my purchase wrapping. Should I go to the store and ask to rewrap it?

neibacco

Sep 19, 2018
this is really silly situation. But it made me really upset (I have no idea why!). So I was trying to make a small present for myself from my Germany trip and I’ve bought 6 key ring pouch. I love purchase, but I’ve asked SA to wrap it beautifully cause I love all my luxury boxes to collect.

Once I get home I’ve realized that the box is much smaller I’ve seen on this item unboxing videos (the size of box is just like for key charm!), also small orange Louis Vuitton envelope on the ribbon is missing. Once I’ve opened the box I’ve found that the QR code and small carton paper (I have no idea how this is called but it says that this is carton fabric with leather lining) is missing too! I’m not sure if I should go to the store and ask to unwrap it, cause it too silly :sad: please advise! What will you do in this case?

Might sound rude in this post so I apologise in advance.

The packaging is quite standard to me as long as it fits your merchandise? They once gave my friend a giant box for an Alma BB as they ran out during the holiday season. Remember though that these holiday packaging is seasonal and has to stop as per corporate policy. If you just bought it now, you shouldn’t be given a holiday wrapping anymore. I said it because you are referring to the envelope on the ribbon. It’ll just be the standard blue ribbon.

The most important item should be your key holder though ... I don’t have that insert for a few items that tells the item is made with whatever materials either but why does that bother you?

And since you asked, yes it is silly if you go to the store and repeat this story. Guess the “lesson” is always check the packaging next time then if you want the “full experience”

this is really silly situation. But it made me really upset (I have no idea why!). So I was trying to make a small present for myself from my Germany trip and I’ve bought 6 key ring pouch. I love purchase, but I’ve asked SA to wrap it beautifully cause I love all my luxury boxes to collect.

Once I get home I’ve realized that the box is much smaller I’ve seen on this item unboxing videos (the size of box is just like for key charm!), also small orange Louis Vuitton envelope on the ribbon is missing. Once I’ve opened the box I’ve found that the QR code and small carton paper (I have no idea how this is called but it says that this is carton fabric with leather lining) is missing too! I’m not sure if I should go to the store and ask to unwrap it, cause it too silly :sad: please advise! What will you do in this case?

They typically throw the card and QR code out, you have to ask for them. They won’t be able to give you those if you go back. Usually the boxes are sized according to the item. I would’ve checked before I left the store. It’s not worth it to go back, they probably won’t give you a bigger box.

One of my key pouches also came in a small box with a ribbon; however no card. Come to think of it I hadn’t noticed if I had gotten the QR code either. :biggrin:

I took it with a grain of salt and just enjoyed my beautiful purchase. You should too.

Reactions: pjhm
"I have no idea why!" Well: It's probably because someone on the internet taught you to expect something more elaborate, more dreamy, more filled with every bit of LV paper that ever came near your item. And it contrasts with the real-life experience of simply being another consumer who bought at LV.

Look at it this way: You have the item you want, you were treated with respect, and it was a happy memory. You should learn to feel that this was an altogether good outcome and stop setting yourself up to be disappointed because rando You Tuber said rando thing.

"I have no idea why!" Well: It's probably because someone on the internet taught you to expect something more elaborate, more dreamy, more filled with every bit of LV paper that ever came near your item. And it contrasts with the real-life experience of simply being another consumer who bought at LV.

Look at it this way: You have the item you want, you were treated with respect, and it was a happy memory. You should learn to feel that this was an altogether good outcome and stop setting yourself up to be disappointed because rando You Tuber said rando thing.
So true! And so applicable to many life situations !! :smile:

Honestly after a while the boxes and ribbons become extra clutter in the cupboard once you start purchasing few more items. Sometimes I see you tubers unwrap items so carefully as to not tear the tissue paper or the little stickers etc. Me I just rip the paper, cut the ribbon. But I don't resell my items so that might be reason why people might want all the wrapping.

Don't stress on the packaging enyoy your keyholder it's a great item to own.

It’s those darn unwrapping videos that we watch. You’ve been in training and didn’t know it, lol. I have to laugh sometimes at the way people get carried away with the “experience “ of opening their purchases on those videos. I fast forward through the showing and the zooming the camera in of the receipt, the loving clutching of the box, playing with the ribbon, etc. As someone said, those boxes become clutter even if you have a huge house. I do fawn on my purchases, though and they’re on the low end price wise. Especially my first purchase last September, my Neverfull MM DE. Nobody could tell me anything, lol.