I didn't get the tag for my Speedy???

Olya6070

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
I went to the LV boutique today and purchased the Damier Ebene Speedy 35. When I got home I found out the tag is missing. :confused1: Should I call them and ask to mail me the tag? Is it important to have it? Besides that there was only one lock and two keys. Isn't there supposed to be two locks?

what tag are you talking about? the tag with the item number? they don't have to provide that as far as i know. some people like to keep them, but i've never heard from anywhere that they were important. keeping your receipt would be much more important.

the speedy only has one lock. it should come with 1 lock and 2 keys.

congrats on the speedy!

Last edited:
what tag are you talking about? the tag with the item number? they don't have to provide that as far as i know. some people like to keep them, but i've never heard from anywhere that they were important. keeping your receipt would be much more important.

the speedy only has one lock. it should come with 1 lock and 2 keys.

congrats on the speedy!

Oh, thank you soooo much!!!! What a relief!!! :sweatdrop: I always purchased everything online and all of my items came with two tags. This speedy I got from a boutique. I had no idea that they keep the tags.

i don't know if they always do. from what i understand, sometimes they just throw them out if you don't specifically ask for them. i think it probably depends on the SA. :smile:

There is no tag unless you buy a fake. All you get is a little paper that says something like "coated canvas." It's tiny. They usually throw them out. LV doesn't put tags on their bags.

There is no tag unless you buy a fake. All you get is a little paper that says something like "coated canvas." It's tiny. They usually throw them out. LV doesn't put tags on their bags.

i have gotten the tag with the part numbers before, not any sort of hanging tag attached to the bag. the ones i have are from several different LV boutiques, so i know they aren't fake.

LV's have 2 small paper tags - one has the model number and bar code, the other is the materials tag. Sometimes the SA will throw them away, or they will leave them in the bag if the customer requests it. I like to keep all tags from my bags and SLG's but it is just a matter of preference - some people don't want them.

LV's have 2 small paper tags - one has the model number and bar code, the other is the materials tag. Sometimes the SA will throw them away, or they will leave them in the bag if the customer requests it. I like to keep all tags from my bags and SLG's but it is just a matter of preference - some people don't want them.

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting when ordering online. This time I went to the boutique for my damier speedy and got only one tag-the materials one, the tag with the model number and a bar code was missing. But from reading all the above posts I understand that it's a normal practice.