I did it. Just bought my first MJ. A Christy.

sahree

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
Or should I say the first MJ that I actually bought? See I won a MJ bag in a Bluefly giveaway March 2005.....and I have the Jacobs by Marc Jacobs black tote, but I have been lusting over a black Christy for a while now. As I am struggling grad student, getting paid hourly to work a school for children with disabilities, a $1,000 bag was out of my reach. But I just bought it with BIN on ebay for $499. I'm so excited....... :smile:! :wlae: Thanks to some awesome people on here who coached me along, you know who you are. :smile:

can anyone post pics of them holding their christies so I can see????

Congratulations! I love the Christy and have been thinking about getting one for awhile. I keep going back to it when I see it in the store, because it is such a classic look with a little bit of an edge. Enjoy!

right now having some trouble with a not-so-great seller. for $500 you'd think he would answer my emails better. i paid with Paypal the second I won, and then I had to email him asking if he would send with a tracking #, and then he replied "yes. thanks" and then i wrote back asking WHEN he would be shipping. isn't that HIS job to inform me of this information? also, he said he would take more detailed pics but he has not. im really hoping that it ships soon and the bag is nice like it is in the pictures . ..... ugh

^ I hate it when sellers don't respond to emails! Ughh!
I'm sure if the seller has sold alot of stuff before and he's got decent feedback that it should be okay. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be fine! Remember to post pics, and congrats on the great find! :yes:

^ I hate it when sellers don't respond to emails! Ughh!
I'm sure if the seller has sold alot of stuff before and he's got decent feedback that it should be okay. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be fine! Remember to post pics, and congrats on the great find! :yes:
Thanks for the hope - I had one really bad online shopping experience last October, buying a GPS system from a fake,scamming website who charged my credit card & dropped off the face of the earth. So online shopping still makes me a bit anxious but this guy has over 2200 auctions with a 98.5 positive feedback so im sure it'll turn out fine. Im just being a worry wart!