I did it! I bought my very 1st Chanel!

BacardiGirl

FitMama Runs (and Shops!)
Aug 7, 2007
Well, thanks to the wonderful input from the ladies in the Chanel forum, I went out and bought my very 1st Chanel. I'd sold a few bags on ebay recently, so I had some $ to use towards my new purchase. I'd been debating the past 2 days between the PST or the Medallion tote...but after thinking about the price increase that will happen any day and the fact that I might want the PST in the beige color (or the new orange that's coming out)..I went for the Medallion in black with gold hardware. All I can say is WOW, she is a real beauty...it symbolizes class, yet is also very understated with its classic shape and size. So far, I've only taken it out to the post office (to mail my ebay sales, ironically), but I love it already!
BTW: the SA was super helpful and extremely kind/nice. I will definitely buy from her again!!

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

I love the fact that I do not have to 'baby' this bag like I do some of my others. I usually buy LV and am always paranoid about ruining the vachetta. The caviar leather on my Medallion seems pretty easy to care for/effortless. :cutesy:

I love the fact that I do not have to 'baby' this bag like I do some of my others. I usually buy LV and am always paranoid about ruining the vachetta. The caviar leather on my Medallion seems pretty easy to care for/effortless. :cutesy:
It's completely effortless. I have been through rain a few times with mine and no problems. I agree that vachetta is hard and must be babied, because you don't want to stain it.