I Did A BIN, Paid Immediately...Now What?

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I bought a Hermes Twilly on January 26th and paid immediately. Seller contacted me this morning with this message (and our subsequent exchange). What do I do now? She has my money and some Paypal issue, but I did what I was supposed to do. eBay can't do anything because she already printed a shipping label, so it is all on hold until February 6th before I can do anything.

Seller:
Hi I was going to ship the item to you tomorrow but my PayPal account has been giving me problems I cannot transfer my money out. Can you pay by bank transfer or venmo with this eBay transaction? You are still protected through eBay pls let me know thank you so much

Me:
Hi - sorry, but I only want to pay through Paypal. The funds have already been taken out of my account and I don't want to go to the bank for a wire. If you want to cancel the transaction and give me a full refund, that would be OK as well.

Seller:
Ok thanks sorry

Me:
So, did you want to refund me or how do you wish to proceed?

Seller:
Yes I will by tomorrow
Cuz my bank didn't clear funds thank you
Or if you want to purchase by venmo is ok too if not I will refund yes

Me:
No, I don't want to make another payment. Please refund me ASAP. Thank you.

Seller:
Yes as soon as bank clear will do the latest tomorrow thanks

Me:
Yes, it is already out of my account, so I will want the refund tomorrow.

Seller:
No it's not that I have some issues with PayPal and part of the money that I paid to them has not cleared and currently can't do anything till that clears

Me:
Or you could just send it to me since you already have a shipping label?

Seller:
I can't because I can't get my funds out of PayPal

I had everything ready

Me:
With all due respect, I handled my end of the deal by paying immediately, so I should either get my money refunded right away or the twilly sent tomorrow. Your Paypal issue is not my issue.

Thanks.

Reactions: caannie
Oh, there is no way she is getting another dime out of me. I just thought it was kind of crazy to ask me to send another payment while my original payment sits in her Paypal account. Sure, nothing wrong with that :annoyed:

Is it a new seller? If the seller is new or lowly rated, PayPal can hold the money for up to 21 days before they clear it. The hold takes less time once the tracking shows the package is delivered. If they keep holding the item with your funds, you can open an "item not received" dispute once it is past the estimated delivery date I believe.

Maybe someone else will have a better/quicker solution though.

Don`t worry...
yet

If she doesn`t send the twilly you will eventually get your money but it may take awhile unless she voids the shipping label.
If Paypal has closed her account you will still eventually get your money but it may take even longer.
Whatever you do don`t send her any more money!

Reactions: Kidclarke
Grrrr

Seller:
It will be refunded as soon as available

Me:
No, you need to void the shipping label and refund immediately. If you need to add funds to your Paypal then that will expedite the process. I should not have to wait for YOUR Paypal to release MY funds, especially since you already got the approval from Paypal to ship. You have been on eBay since 2006, so there is no reason for the delay in releasing funds.

If she's waiting for the payment to be "available" to her, she won't be refunding for a while, if at all.

Her money is being held because she doesn't have a history proving that she's honest and/or that she sells authentic items. And she's not telling the truth about buyer protection. if you wire the money by "vesno" or whatever she requested, it's like sending cash to a stranger and not only will she probably not ship anything but you won't have recourse.

She won't be able to withdraw the money until the following happens:
  • There's tracking that shows delivery to your zip code and there's positive feedback left (by you) as the buyer
  • If no feedback left for the seller, she can request a release of funds after 21+ days from delivery. But since she's not shipping it, she won't have proof of anything.
you will get your refund eventually but you'll have to wait until after the estimated delivery date (based on the shipping label date).

Are you even sure the scarf is authentic? IMO, she sounds sketchy.

Thanks for the info, BeenBurned. Yes, the scarf is authentic; I had it checked out before I pressed BIN. The red flags went up with her very first message through eBay. Why would she think I would send her another payment? That is just plain silliness. I would void any and all protection by sending her payment through another source, even after a refund through Paypal. I wanted to post this here to see if I was missing something, but I am convinced that I am not the problem now.

latest message:

I'm sorry I can't I have to wait
I'm limited to do many things
Besides I don't need approval from PayPal for shipping label I just entered that myself
The thing is, if your money didn't clear and if you weren't approved (as the buyer), she wouldn't have gotten the "okay to ship" response and wouldn't have been able to generate the label.

She needs to ship! and if she doesn't ship, she needs to issue a refund.

Reactions: Kidclarke