I Denied A Paypal Payment.

1. I am a complete tool. I've been awaiting payment for my eBay auction and it's been sitting in my Paypal account for the last 3 days. I thought I would have had a confirmation email from Paypal :rant: !

Anyhoo, I accepted the payment and it took me to a popup which asked me to upgrade my account. I had the choice of "Upgrade" or "Deny" so what did I do? Yes, I hit Deny and the whole payment got denied. Crap. I've just sent the poor buyer an apology and had to ask her to pay again :shame: .

This was my first experience selling on eBay - I don't think I like it very much, too much stress!

2. Ask her to re-send it. You can get into a LOT of trouble from eBay for not upgrading if she reports it. Everyone is required to accept credit cards now.

3. Seriously! Agh, hopefully that will be my brain-fart for the week. The buyer seems really nice so hopefully will repay.

4. Swanky really??? Everyone has to accept a CC paymt? I didn't get an email about that or anything...maybe because I already accept CC paymts?

5. I am sure she will understand it was a simple mix-up! I hate when I get stressed and hit the wrong button/do the wrong thing!! Let us know how it goes

6. yes, a few months ago they changed it. It's now 'illegal' not to accept credit cards if people want to use them if you accept Paypal.
    It killed me as I never accepted them, I think they're thieves skimming off all our payments personally :sad:

7. Swanky I'm with you there! Whatever it takes paypal to make some $$$ :sad: I hate the fees! I always get killed. Thanks for clearing up the new policy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice