I could strangle my husband's co-worker!

Just spotted this thread title while scanning down the main page and came for a look!

Just a thought.... are you sure her bags are real? Would your hubby be able to spot if they were fake?

It seems like a weird comment to make, you'd think if her bags were real, and she can afford to buy them for herself, why would she assume you didn't buy your own? Does that make sense? :upsidedown:

You all act like the woman is a *#&#
Yeah it's stupid to talk about prices of things... but i'm sure it was just a mistake.
She did refer to the husband as sweet. Maybe she isn't the sort of woman who has to hide the costs of her bag so didn't realise what she is doing. I mean she has a job and seems to be earning her own bags. Whats wrong with that?

I think most people assume that when you are married everything is open and clear. I don't blame her.

Cute story anyway... and your husband is sweet.

It's tacky to bring up costs in conversation. It makes the person on the receiving end uncomfortable for having nice things. And, turns the focus from a nice/cute bag to the money you spent. Money cannot buy class and this woman is lacking in that department.

A marriage consists of two individuals. Every individual gets gratified a different way. Sometimes it's better to down play something to keep the peace than to be brutally honest and cause a rift.

It's tacky to bring up costs in conversation. It makes the person on the receiving end uncomfortable for having nice things. And, turns the focus from a nice/cute bag to the money you spent. Money cannot buy class and this woman is lacking in that department.

A marriage consists of two individuals. Every individual gets gratified a different way. Sometimes it's better to down play something to keep the peace than to be brutally honest and cause a rift.

Ok well lets all bit ch about her on an online forum and show her how much class we have. That will teach her to get classy really fast.

Aww, what a cute story. I'm sure she was just a bit jealous that you have such a great hubby for knowing the bags and probably assumed he bought them because of his knowledge. I buy my bags and my bf hardly knows the brands.

Aww, what a cute story. I'm sure she was just a bit jealous that you have such a great hubby for knowing the bags and probably assumed he bought them because of his knowledge. I buy my bags and my bf hardly knows the brands.

Agreed. She probably thought that any man who recognizes the brand by sight (especially Balenciaga since it has no logo) know the costs!!!!!

LOL.... hahaha....

Thats too funny! "Smudgy"..hahaha

:graucho: and I agree that I don't have to wait for my husband to buy my LVs... but of course if he offers, I will never reject the offer!! haha

I've met her, and she is really quite a nice person. I think she was impressed by his "bag identification prowess" and was trying to pay him a compliment. He is quite sweet :smile:

She didn't cause any trouble - and while we don't have secrets... we also have an agreement not to give each other grief about what makes us happy. Like I said, he knows they're expensive... but perhaps prefers not to know the details ifyaknowwhatimean.

I just thought it was a cute story that most of us could relate to. HA!