I could really use some help...and time is of the essence!

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
Hi, I'm new to LV and have fallen pretty hard. I have a mono NF MM, and a zippy damier ebene wallet illustre that should be here tomorrow.

So here is my dilemma. I love the petite noe and the artsy. I was thinking about the MC black petit noe but I keep reading that many think it is very young looking and I am in the 50+ category :smile:. And it seems they are not at all popular. I don't want to spend upwards of $2,000 on a bag that is outdated! I could go with the mono in the petit noe, I'm just unsure. I have a store that located the MC black and I have to make a decision whether to have then send it. Or I could play it safe with the Artsy. I was thinking Azur because I already have the mono in the NF, but I live in NY and wonder if I should wait till spring to get a light color bag. Long story short, can you ladies weigh in with some advice and opinions. Petit Noe vs Artsy, Petit Noe MC or classic?

I appreciate your help.

I was just at LV in Boston this past weekend and tried on the Artsy MM and found it awkward to wear on the shoulder....I'm sure once it breaks in, it will slouch nicely but I liked it more on the shelf than on my shoulder. I think I would stick with classic LV. The MC is 'younger' and also as you said, a little outdated as it hit it's peak in 2005 (I think). Good luck with your decision!

I would go with either the Artsy or the Mono Petit Noe...they are more "classic" bags than the MC Petite Noe. I heard that the Artsy is not comfortable to try on when it's brand new but after you "break it in", it becomes more comfortable. And the Mono Petit Noe has been around a long time but I think it's really cute!

As for getting Artsy in Azur, it's up to you...even though most people wear Azur handbags in the spring/summer, there was another thread here somewhere about people wearing them in the fall/winter as well! I probably wouldn't take it out if it was snowing heavily or very slushy outside but otherwise, why not? However, I think the Artsy looks better in the Mono...or if your budget allows it, get it in Empriente instead! The Infini is TDF! :love:

Basically once you try the bag on you'll know.. as far as the black MC.. Im attracted to it, but because its so out dated, and then comes the question with it being associated with younger crowd.. Im considering buying a SLG in the black MC.. that way I do have a piece but its tucked away in my bag! I just want to be able to use my bags without having to think so much about trends.
I have heard the Artsy is super comfortable when its finally worn in a bit, I think the Artsy in Azur is cool, and fresh.. compared to it in monogram. BUT you have to try them on, which ever jumps out at you, is the one. the Petit Noe is cute.
I agree with Lushie.. that you should consider looking at a piece in the Empriente line.. I have the Empriente Citadine in Infini, under the tree.. I cant wait to open that gift!! :yahoo:The leather smells so good!! and the color is beautiful! Anyway Good luck deciding let us know what you decide.

I had the MC petit Noe, black, loved it so! sorry I let it go. I really believe you should go with what is calling you. As far as the black MC, it is so gorgeous, not outdated to me! and it is great for casual or dressier clothing. I think I am going with the black MC!

Thank you for your comments. I think I am leaning towards getting the mono petit noe and jazzing it up a bit with a scarf that will reflect my personality. And I think I will hold off for a few months and get the Azur artsy when I get a hint of spring in the air. You have all been most helpful.

I was just at LV in Boston this past weekend and tried on the Artsy MM and found it awkward to wear on the shoulder....I'm sure once it breaks in, it will slouch nicely but I liked it more on the shelf than on my shoulder. I think I would stick with classic LV. The MC is 'younger' and also as you said, a little outdated as it hit it's peak in 2005 (I think). Good luck with your decision!

The artsy is VERY uncomfortable brand new. Once it breaks in it's fabulous . TPF members have broken the bag in by hanging it on a doorknob with all your stuff inside,!
I have a mono mm and I love it !!

Thank you for your comments. I think I am leaning towards getting the mono petit noe and jazzing it up a bit with a scarf that will reflect my personality. And I think I will hold off for a few months and get the Azur artsy when I get a hint of spring in the air. You have all been most helpful.

I just got the mono petit noe last week and it is so beautiful and holds so much! I love the idea of using a bandeau to personalize it!!! I am very happy with my noe!

Congrats and can't wait for a reveal of your goodies!:smile:

I don't think the MC line is "young" or out-dated. i'm almost 50 and just purchased a white MC Speedy after wanting one since they were first introduced. don't let what other people's perceptions hinder what you want.

i vote for the petit noe! :graucho::graucho::graucho::graucho:

but like everyone said, try on the mc petite noe, the mono petite noe and the artsy and see which one screams your name and get that one!

good luck :yes:

Basically once you try the bag on you'll know.. as far as the black MC.. Im attracted to it, but because its so out dated, and then comes the question with it being associated with younger crowd.. Im considering buying a SLG in the black MC.. that way I do have a piece but its tucked away in my bag! I just want to be able to use my bags without having to think so much about trends.
I have heard the Artsy is super comfortable when its finally worn in a bit, I think the Artsy in Azur is cool, and fresh.. compared to it in monogram. BUT you have to try them on, which ever jumps out at you, is the one. the Petit Noe is cute.
I agree with Lushie.. that you should consider looking at a piece in the Empriente line.. I have the Empriente Citadine in Infini, under the tree.. I cant wait to open that gift!! :yahoo:The leather smells so good!! and the color is beautiful! Anyway Good luck deciding let us know what you decide.

LV changes their bag styles constantly, weather it's LE or regular stock- the styles don't stay around long.

Unless you are prepared to constantly buy new bags and discard what you already have (because it's 'outdated') you should choose what YOU love and don't think about what is 'in'.

If it's the height of fashion today-it wont be for long :smile:

Before I buy a bag, I always think how it will age, especially when the leather turns dark, how it will fit with the bag. I have seen some pictures of old Petit Noe in mono, it doesn't look that nice I think, so I would choose Artsy in mono if I were you.

As in line, I like both Monograme and Azur with Artsy, they have different looks, mono is really nice, classic while the Azur is so fabulous!

why dont you consider the rayure petit noe. i think its the best of both worlds with your dilemna. you seem to love the petit noe more but will consider settling for an artsy. the rayure stripes will appease your mono need as well as put a spin on your azur liking :

DSC05244.jpg

db6d227d.jpg