I come in search of authentication advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattail24

Feb 28, 2007
I recently bought a LV Graffiti Keepall 50 from a store that carries authentic high end products. If they receive replicas they throw them away or mark them replica and sell them for $10 or less.
It is very used. To be quite honest it is in pretty rough condition with marks and scratches but I thought maybe with a little TLC I could get it looking good.
The store authenticated the item, as well as a respected Authentic Louis Vuitton ebay seller. Techincally two Louis Vuitton sellers authenticated because she forwarded the pictures to a LV seller friend also. Both stated it was in fact authentic.
However, My Poupette said it was not authentic and sent me some pictures of a similar item. I have checked and checked. The pictures are exactly the same as the ones my poupette sent me. I checked pictures of the same item that my poupette authenticated. Everything is the same!!!
The only differences I can find is that it is very used. The shoulder strap and lock/key are missing.
I checked on authentication before purchasing and was almost positive the item is authentic. I spent alot on the purse and I can only return it for store credit.
I am at a loss. I don't believe those two sellers or the store would risk the effects for authenticating a counterfit item. According to everything I've read, the store and a seller the item is authentic. I don't know what to do. Any help would be nice! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.