I Cheated ...

Apr 27, 2009
So, youngest son humored me at Marshall's and didn't complain once about being bored. He actually likes a lot of bags, but the Kathy Van Zeeland love needs to die a quick death! He's 9 and right now the gaudier the better.

Anyway, to stay on topic, there was an XL Editorial Zoe in a blue suede (braided, I guess, with chain strap). Very pretty (!), but too big for me and still $299. It was the only Coach in the store. If any of the IE Coachies are interested it's probably still there.

But ... there were lots of Michael Kors Astor bags, including one black studded Astor large shoulder bag, which came home with me. I have wanted a studded bag but just couldn't find a studded Coach that I loved. Ebags still has it at $298 and I got it for $140.

Sorry Coach!

Don't feel bad. Michael Kors makes some absolutely gorgeous bags. I have one myself. I do have to admit though...when I look in the top of my closet and see all my COACH lined up and see poor little lonely Michael Kors sitting there, I feel bad. I suppose there's only one way to deal with that huh? Purchase another Michael Kors???

Darn it, I just hate when I have to purchase more bags to be practical! lol

LOL, this is actually my second MK bag as I have a Ranger hobo that I got for $40(!) from Off 5th. It was so cheap that it is my "beater" bag since I don't mind setting it on the ground at the ballpark or on the floor at the movie theater (so I can knit from it).

It is just gorgeous and the shiny black leather made me see that my Ergo tote needs some love so I finally ordered some Apple conditioner. I wish we were going out tonight so I could show it off!

I almost cheated the other day on Coach with an olive colored L.A.M.B. bag, but I resisted the urge. I told myself I would have get rid of another Coach in order to have the L.A.M.B. and I didn't know which Coach to get rid of so I decided against the L.A.M.B. and the whole idea of cheating. Whew, it was stressful, I'm glad I'm away from the temptation now. It was almost as if Gwen Stefani was breathing down my neck saying, "Buy it, what you waiting for?" hehe

I did buy a Burberry red and black tartan skinny l-o-n-g scarf, though. That's not cheating on my bags but since I do not have a Coach scarf, it might be cheating against Coach because I could have used the money for a Coach scarf but what I really wanted was a Burberry scarf. I can't afford those Burberry bags but having their scarf gets me a piece of the Burberry action, at least.

Last edited:
I say if you love it, why not buy it, even if it's not Coach. I'm sure it's beautiful just the same. I cheat sometimes with Dooney, but if I have too many choices I kind of get paralyzed by indecision, lol, so I try to stick with Coach or Dooney and wear blinders when I walk by the other brands.

I almost cheated the other day on Coach with an olive colored L.A.M.B. bag, but I resisted the urge. I told myself I would have get rid of another Coach in order to have the L.A.M.B. and I didn't know which Coach to get rid of so I decided against the L.A.M.B. and the whole idea of cheating. Whew, it was stressful, I'm glad I'm away from the temptation now. It was almost as if Gwen Stefani was breathing down my neck saying, "Buy it, what you waiting for?" hehe

I did buy a Burberry red and black tartan skinny l-o-n-g scarf, though. That's not cheating on my bags but since I do not have a Coach scarf, it might be cheating against Coach because I could have used the money for a Coach scarf but what I really wanted was a Burberry scarf. I can't afford those Burberry bags but having their scarf gets me a piece of the Burberry action, at least.

Lol, this whole post made me smile. :upsidedown:

But ... there were lots of Michael Kors Astor bags, including one black studded Astor large shoulder bag, which came home with me. I have wanted a studded bag but just couldn't find a studded Coach that I loved. Ebags still has it at $298 and I got it for $140.

Ummm we're waiting for pictures!! *Taps foot* Lol, j/k.

Don't worry about "cheating". If you love the bag that's all that matters! And hey, you tried to find a studded Coach but couldn't, so it's Coach's fault. They drove you into the arms of another lover! Lol;)