I CAN'T focus!!

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay, so I have this HORRIBLE take home exam.. I need to write like 20 pages :huh: I can not for the LIFE of me focus. I'm going skiing/snowboarding for a week with my family and I wanted to get quite a bit of it done before I leave (leaving tomorrow morning EARLY :wacko: ).. So here I am, I've only written 3 pages so far and I CANNOT FOCUS!!:cry: :blink: Seriously, all I'm doing is checking out bags, posting on here (I think I've made 30 posts just today :shame: ).. I have also found gifts for my brides maids and my toast madames today :lol:

Somebody PLEASE kick my ass :push: Do you guys have this problem as well? I don't think I'm ever on the forums as much as I am when I have an exam or a paper to work on LOL. And I keep finding excuses to leave the computer.. like "oh, I need tea" then five mins later "no, tea doesn't cut it, lets make coffee".. then it's time to eat.. the list goes on :p

Help :sick:

2. Oh.. and I don't know how much time I've spent looking through my LV agenda and admiring my wallet.. :shame: They're on my desk and they distract me, I love them so much :love:

3. Damn, now my mom is making cinnabuns and the whole house smells like heaven :mad: HOW am I supposed to focus in this kind of environment?? :push:

4. rofl Swedie!! I'm sorry but there's no way you're going to be able to focus! I'm like that when I have a major assignment too, I'm checking purseblog every 5 minutes to see which new topic I can respond to, haha!

Hopefully I'm not distracting you though :p

Oh yea and I can never focus again until like two hours before class. For my past two essays, I didn't finish until 10 minutes before class. :shame:

5. MmMM cinnabuns! share some with me please =)

6. Ok-Now I am hungry!!!!

7. Jen, I guess there's no hope for me :lol: I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem though LOL. Last night I got into a work mode and got my focus face on, well my fiance called and yep, I lost it..:suspiciou

Jill, shhh! I'm trying to avoid temptation here, I have a wedding gown to get into soon :wacko: You can have some though, my mom makes the best cinnabuns in the world ;)

8. Do you think you can go to a friends or something like that to break away from your normal environnement?
    Or perhaps tell your family that you NEED to be able to concentrate?

9. Swedie-Just shove the cinnabon thru the motem....I am waiting........!!!!!!!

PS- I cant wait to hear about your wedding! I am going on 10 years with my hubby-Seems like a MILLION years ago!( I am an old fart at 35!)

10. Lol, if I go to a friends house I'll get even less done, trust me :lol: And my family aren't really buggin me, this is all my own fault :shame:

Thanks so much though, I appreciate you trying to help :love:

I know I'll be fine with this paper, I always make it in the end. It's not due until Thursday, I just wanted to get lots done before leaving tomorrow.

Okay ladies, I'm seriously putting the focus face on now :evil: You will NOT see me here until much much later!

11. Okay, it's coming :biggrin: might be a little squished though :p

I will start a wedding thread when it gets closer to share all my bridal stuff ;) :love:

Okay, FOCUS FACE!!! :evil:

12. When I can't get started on a big project, I try to break it down into small increments. Try this: tell yourself you'll concentrate on it for just 15 minutes and set a timer. When the time is up, see if you can do another 15 minutes. I find this technique really works when I find myself feeling overwhelmed by a project or task, or when I am procrastinating.

13. I know just what you mean. When I have homework that I just cannot get "into" I'll use anything as an excuse not to do it. :smile: I ended up taking some of my homework with me, when I went to Disney World last October. I worked on it on the plane ride, and at night when we came back to the hotel. It worked out pretty well, but I was there with children, and not going anywhere at night.

14. I have a 10 page research paper on Ethical Relativism (????) due monday and I only have 3 pages, plus I ran out of things to write. I'm a nursing major, I don't care about the deontological theory of Kat!!!!

& here I am posting in your thread.

15. Hmmm... When is it due? I usually tend to work on it a little bit a time. Usually, though, in my university if a paper is like 20 pages they usually give like a week or two before it's due. So, I usually work on it a bit every day of the week and proof read/ edit on the weekends.